FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By SilverStar
Hello guys

Just signed up. I have recently been looking for a great F1 forum, and somehow I never came across this one, so hopefully this maybe it. Looks really good and active. I live in the county of Norfolk, in England, I am a big F1 fan, I guess it's pretty obvious where my team loyalties lie, I support MercedesGP, have done for many years. I hear some of you say "huh???" Well they have been around for years haven't they, trouble is they keep getting bought out, I began my interest in F1 by supporting the old Tyrrell team in about 1996, as my favourite driver when I first started with F1 was Mika Salo, then Tyrrell became BAR, then BAR got taken over by Honda, then Honda was bought out by Brawn, and then Brawn got taken over by MercedesGP, and so here we are! So in a roundabout way I have supported Mercedes for ages, but they just keep changing their identity. Looks from pre-season testing at least like we are maybe still a year or two away from being back on the pace of 2 or 3 other top teams like we were as BrawnGP in 2009, but I really like our driver lineup, especially Nico who for me is a really fine young driver, and OK I know a lot of people still hate on Schumi, but I love the guy regardless, I certainly don't see anyone else out there right now who is likely to win nearly 100 races and 7 World Titles, but anyway, that's another story. So, nice to meet you all, see you later.
'SS'
By f1ea
Welcome! :wavey:

You know, I think you might be our fist Mercedes Gp fan.

:) nice to have a breath of fresh loyalties......

Seems like the other Merc fans are still 'in the closet'..... but dont worry, no one will hold it against you if you like Nico :hehe:
By SilverStar
Yeah, it's a bit annoying really. All those thousands of people I saw at Silverstone in 2009 with their Brawn caps and tops, were just bandwaggoners supporting world-champion elect Jenson, and not supporting the actual team itself, so now I presume they are all McLaren fans! So what can you do? I have a friend who is also a big MercedesGP fan, maybe I need to talk him into joining here too, to double the Mercedes fan base!!
By myownalias
Welcome to the Asylum SilverStar... It'll be great to have a different perspective of a Mercedes supporter; many here support McLaren and Ferrari but no Mercedes supporters as far as I know!
By SilverStar
Thanks for all that guys, hey McLaren, you're in Norfolk, great! We live near Diss, we live on a farm, been in my family since I believe about the year 1780! Not sure why there's so few MercedesGP fans around, at least in the UK, I go to Germany occasionally to visit friends and it's obviously very different there, but anyway, nice to meet you, and thanks for that link Vlad.
SS
By Hammer278
Welcome mate. I'm one of the closet Merc fans around here...as their engine powers my favourite team - McLaren. :D

I look forward to Schumi shutting people up this season as I believe he can still roll with the best once he's comfortable..and I hope he's comfortable enough starting Australia!

See our F1 related articles too!