FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By vlad
Also, willkommen! ;)
Nice pick with your favorite driver, hehe! ;)

If you need anything, and you don't know how to say it or write it in english, just ask, we'll work something out! :)

P.S. Ich studiere Germanistik, d.h. wirr koennen immer ein bisschend auf deutsch sprechen... ;)
By vlad
Nein, vielleicht nur ein bisschend, aber, sein Fahrstil ist Hauptgrund dafuer... :D
By racechick
Hi. Welcome :) . Im a driver fan too. But my driver is lewis. You might pick that up if you stay around...I hope you do. :) As the others have said. Your English is very good.
By AKR
I like soccer (FC Schalke 04) and Formula 1.

Soccer? Perhaps your English is not so look like you say. Fußball in English = Football. The German word for the game comes from the English langauge. English clubs and even some Italian clubs have have the letters FC after their name which (as I am sure you know already) means football club. Ie Juventus FC, Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC etc etc etc. Even clubs as far as Australia have FC on their names. ie Melbourne Victory FC, Sydney FC, Melbourne Heart FC. Remember for next time Herr German Fan, football and never soccer. By the way I follow the Bundesliga and go for VfB Stuttgart. I hope we beat you this week. :hehe:

PS your English is actually very good. I was being sarcastic before simply because you said soccer and most people on this forum are actually Brits. (I am not British though).

Willkommen im Forum. :wavey:
By bud
He was probably taught English by an American, who really cares let him be.
By AKR
He was probably taught English by an American, who really cares let him be.

I do not care. I just made a point on the "more" correct English word for the game. The origins of the English language are from Britian and thus what is spoken there is actually more correct and thus I choose to speak and write it as best as I can like they do. Otherwise you might as well say you speak Amerglish. Anyway I do not wish to ruin German Fan's thread with this. I simply made a point as I was shocked to see a German use the word soccer instead of football given the German word for football comes from the English.
By bud
I think you need to deal with the fact that people out there call it Soccer and move on.
By What's Burning?
Given the chance, you guys will argue about the the freezing point of water versus the melting point of water... you two are single yes?

erm... welcome German F1 Fan...
By AKR
Given the chance, you guys will argue about the the freezing point of water versus the melting point of water... you two are single yes?

:nono: Tú lo sabes que. ¡No estoy interesada en él!
By What's Burning?

:nono: Tú lo sabes que. ¡No estoy interesada en él!

chica... casi es la primavera!
By German F1-Fan
Oh sorry.
I often mix the British English and the American English.
At school I had a teacher from the US.
Sorry about that. ;)
Thank you for correcting me.
Don´t worry I´m not angry ;)

And something else.
You was right. We lost against Stuttgart.
It´s not the season of Schalke.
I hope to next year. :D
By AKR
Oh sorry.
I often mix the British English and the American English.
At school I had a teacher from the US.
Sorry about that. ;)
Thank you for correcting me.
Don´t worry I´m not angry ;)

And something else.
You was right. We lost against Stuttgart.
It´s not the season of Schalke.
I hope to next year. :D

It is not the year of Stuttgart either. But Schalke have at least beaten Valencia in the Champions League to reach the quarter final. That is exceptional work. I do not hate Schalke and wish them all the best. But I do dislike Bayern. I hope they lose. Oh no wait. I don't like Inter-Milan either! I hope they both lose (I know that isn't possible but you know what I mean). :hehe:
By f1ea
Hello together.
At first. Sorry, my english is not the best.
Probably it is very bad.
But maybe I can improve my skills.

Don't worry, your english is fine... your rhymes do need a little work, but i'm sure you'll come to it :hehe:

A couple of yrs i was in Germany and was told: "F1 is not that big here anymore because german drivers aren't doing too good and Schumacher's not racing"...... well, now they are so i hope next time i visit F1 is bigger :)

WELCOME

See our F1 related articles too!