FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By geetface9
Hello,

I am geetface9 and I live in Arizona in the U.S. I just got into F1 last year at the beginning of the 2010 season since nascar tv, I mean speed tv, played it late at night/early morning when I get off work, so I was able to watch a fair chunk of the races live. I just got captivated by how skilled those guys are in those cars and the engineering behind all of it just blew me away, especially the seemingly simple stuff like the F-duct (simple in the fact that all they had to do was put their hand over a hole and it gave them a few more MPH top speed). It's fascinating stuff. Anyway, I really got into it, and I had taken a liking to Mark Webber after a few races, and the Turkish GP was when I learned to DESPISE vettel and every fiber of his being. But that's a tale for another thread.

It sucks because nobody here in the states gives two damns about F1, at least not anybody that I know around here. I felt kind of isolated all season when I would jump up off my couch and throw my fists in the air in triumph on the several occasions when vettel $#!@ed up or when Kubica gave up a place to Webber in the pits at Spa because there was nobody around to share my enthusiasm.

Anyway, I'm here to stay and I'm not going to miss a single GP for a long time to come thanks to my new DVR bought solely for the purpose of recording every race.
By texasmr2
Welcome to the forum and your new DVR was a great choice :yes: .

tex

ps,
Don't F'off NASCAR just yet simply because if your a true racing fan it will fill in for F1's downtime, racing is racing :wink: .
Welcome geetface. Yes, the DVR is your best friend here in the States :)
We completely agree on NASTYCAR, not so much on SV.
Enjoy the banter!

tex

ps,
Don't F'off NASCAR just yet simply because if your a true racing fan it will fill in for F1's downtime, racing is racing :wink: .

But it's so boring and they play it for 10 hours a day from February and on!! :banghead:
By texasmr2

tex

ps,

But it's so boring and they play it for 10 hours a day from February and on!! :banghead:

I know. The best races are the roadcourses or the last 10 laps on an oval, it's better than nothing is all I'm saying yet then again you can plug in a past F1 race and be done with it :wink: . I remember back in '02-'03 when SPEED showed alot of karting, Merc series or something I think, those days are long gone.

It will get better so don't fret.

tex

ps,

I know. The best races are the roadcourses or the last 10 laps on an oval, it's better than nothing is all I'm saying yet then again you can plug in a past F1 race and be done with it :wink: . I remember back in '02-'03 when SPEED showed alot of karting, Merc series or something I think, those days are long gone.

It will get better so don't fret.

Alright. I do understand though, if you can't beat 'em them join 'em. But I refuse :nono: haha I actually started gaining some respect for the station since they played a boat load of touring car and motorcycle racing and such after the F1 season, but as of last week they went back to their normal 10 hours of nascar per day so I don't even leave it on for noise any more.
By texasmr2
NASCAR pay's their bills so it's understandable for the coverage. When a full day of practice or qualifying is on I normally watch 'Tropic Thunder' or 'Gran Torino' too pass some time or I just shag :hehe: .
By vlad
Is Rusty Wallace still driving?!
He was my favorite driver some years ago, when I was able to watch NASCAR!
By f1ea
NASCAR sucks and the cars are ugly.
The best thing about NASCAR is the mullet.

Vettel is good (but a lot of these guys are good also)
And is like a kid in a toy store..........

NASCAR sucks!!
Welcome geetface9; looking forward to hearing your views over the upcoming season.

NASCAR isn't my thing, don't see the appeal of 800hp cars going around an oval, you see one oval race, you've seen them all! But each to their own!!!

See our F1 related articles too!