FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By gorilla
Just found the site and can't wait until the season gets underway on Sunday. Not sure who I will be supporting this year, but as being from Scotland I will be supporting David Coulthard. But I think the title contest will be between Alonso and Massa. I really hope the newbie Lewis Hamilton does well as well he is a outside shot and I think he is going to do well.

Anyway enough of that. I'm gorilla I hail from Stirling, Scotland. The best F1 driver I have seen was Nigel Mansell and a few years ago when I was about 6 I meet the legened.

Lets get the new season started NOW. I CAN'T WAIT
By Irv the Swerve
Well you found the right forum gorilla. :D

Enjoy, the forum and the season!! :D
By Stephen
Welcome gorilla! :D

It would be good to see DC do well, but I've been saying that since 1998 when I ran his supporters website! :( Fingers crossed he can still make it to the front.
By madbrad
hi.
:D
By welshie
hi matey, and yes, lets get the season started!
By darwin dali
Welcome gorilla! :D

It would be good to see DC do well, but I've been saying that since 1998 when I ran his supporters website! :( Fingers crossed he can still make it to the front.

So, you're a cubehead groupie? Hm, will you EVER learn that cubehead is not it? 8):twisted:
By Red Five
To be fair back in those days (1998) you could be forgiven for thinking that he may well be a top driver, I think he's proved otherwise since then though! :lol:

Oh, and Welcome Gorilla!
By darwin dali
That's what I'm saying! In all these years as a groupie, he hasn't seen the light of truth - that's called stubborn :D
By gorilla
I'm not a big fan of DC, but I do look out for his position in the races. Plus I think he is way past it for getting the champonship now but you never know what the season is going to be like
By Red Five
True you never know, and it was good to see him on the podium at Monaco last year - even if it was partly down to Webber retiring!
By Stephen
'Groupie', ROFL! You could say that. We all make mistakes... :D
By madbrad
DC Taking over for Senna I have a lot of respect for him, he was given the duty of supporting Hill. I think he wrestled the Williams just as well as Hill. I don't mind Mansell but I did resent him taking up DC's seat 4 times for "celebrity cruises". He was also as quick on average as Mika. They took turns beating each other to pole. He moved over for Mika on more than one occasion. I don't think he has it anymore but he definitely does F1 some good.
By darwin dali
I got a bunch of them swarming around me - wanna join them? 8)
By Red Five
DC Taking over for Senna I have a lot of respect for him, he was given the duty of supporting Hill. I think he wrestled the Williams just as well as Hill. I don't mind Mansell but I did resent him taking up DC's seat 4 times for "celebrity cruises". He was also as quick on average as Mika. They took turns beating each other to pole. He moved over for Mika on more than one occasion. I don't think he has it anymore but he definitely does F1 some good.

Technically though it wasn't DC's seat, it was Senna's, so Williams just substituted a different driver for those races, and after the loss of Senna, F1 needed a big name like Mansell for as many races as they could get him for. In hindsight I just wish Mansell had stayed away from McLaren in '95.

DC was a lot better than he has ever acheived in F1, but now he's somewhat irrelevant - but as long as he's having fun, he should still drive.

See our F1 related articles too!