FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By deMuRe
Sure! What do I get when I'm in your good books?

How about I don't give you a smack accross the head?

Bet you didn't know I was a sweet talker as well...

Meanie with a violent streak! ***pouts***

Is this your way of telling me you're falling for me?

:wink:

I get it all the time, I create feelings in others they themselves don't understand...

Can anyone tell me what movie that was from?
By darwin dali
You read me like an open book :oops:
By madbrad

I get it all the time, I create feelings in others they themselves don't understand...

Funny you bring up that quote because someone just quoted that same line and also tested us for its source. Weird coincidence! I don't know the answer.
By deMuRe

Funny you bring up that quote because someone just quoted that same line and also tested us for its source. Weird coincidence! I don't know the answer.

It's from the film Cars, my kids have probably watched it 100 times, I can quote you most lines from that film :?
By madbrad
Ah yes. The Madrads watch it all the time. They watched it a couple days ago. Must be where I heard it last. KATCHOWWWWW!
By deMuRe
Ah yes. The Madrads watch it all the time. They watched it a couple days ago. Must be where I heard it last. KATCHOWWWWW!

Hehe, apart from being an excellent film it was a damn good advert for NASCAR, notice how they tried to put F1 in it's box?
By madbrad
I did not. How did they do this?
By deMuRe
I did not. How did they do this?

When Luigi was asking about Ferrari race cars Lighting McQueen said "Oh Ferrari they race on the European Circuit, I race in the Piston Cup!!!"...

They used a lot of "History of the World" comments when talking about American racing as well...

It would have been nice for F1 to do something like that, but I can't see Bernie giving the nod :wink:
By madbrad
I didn't see theat coversation as deriding the "european circuit". They portray Luigi as a fan of it, and he is a loved and esteemed character. As for the History of the world allusion, I can't argue that. I can't remember a single line from it.
By deMuRe
I didn't see theat coversation as deriding the "european circuit". They portray Luigi as a fan of it, and he is a loved and esteemed character. As for the History of the world allusion, I can't argue that. I can't remember a single line from it.

So you didn't see Luigi's comment about how F1 is Europe and Piston Cup is America a snub to F1?
By madbrad
Actually it's on right now. Lemme see.

Can't find it. In the converstion I see, Luigi simply states that he only follows the Ferraris, and drives away.
By deMuRe
Sorry Lighting McQueen's comments about F1 being limited to Europe...

Earlier on in the film they talk about the 3 way finish as being the only one in the History of the World...

And towards the end they talk about the History of Motor Racing implying there is nothing else but NASCAR...

It's rather typical of the yanks if you ask me...

See our F1 related articles too!