FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By SoCalWJS
Hello to everybody! :wavey:

Been following for quite awhile and decided it was time to join up to the forum as the new season ramps up.

I was introduced to F1 way back in the day when my Father was stationed in Germany in the 60's and we saw the movie Grand Prix a couple of times. Made quite an impression on a young boy. Got a little track set for Christmas a year later, and I was hooked. For awhile. I thought the cars lost all their charm and personality and then started to look too much like Indy cars or, IMHO, goofy (The Elf car with 4 front wheels - yuck!). Stopped folowing.

Got interested again in the early 2000's, and hooked when Schumi went to Ferrari. Mostly a McLaren fan the last few years as I followed the soap opera that was Lewis. Initially shocked when he went to Merc. Honestly not quite sure who I'll root for in the coming season - but you can be sure it won't be Vettel for #4 in a row.

Looking forward to the new season and becoming a fairly active member of the forum. :drink:
Welcome and enjoy the banter on here :thumbup:

Where in Southern California are you hailing from?
I call SD my hometown, though haven't lived there in ages.
By SoCalWJS

Thanks for the welcome. Reside in the mountains of the Inland Empire - relatives in SD (Scripps-Poway) and visit there often - nice weather!

Thanks for the welcome. Reside in the mountains of the Inland Empire - relatives in SD (Scripps-Poway) and visit there often - nice weather!

Ah, La Jolla and Poway (still have friends there). Where the fook is the Inland Empire? Alpine? Ramona? Palomar Mountain? Or further away than that?
Harzaar! :drink:

Thank goodness for microbrews and Imported Ales! :drink:

Yeah, SD apparently has developed into a hot bed for microbrews in recent years...
By SoCalWJS

Ah, La Jolla and Poway (still have friends there). Where the fook is the Inland Empire? Alpine? Ramona? Palomar Mountain? Or further away than that?

A bit further north up that ridgeline - due north of Idylwild if you're familiar with the area. The Inland Empire is a term I use somewhat sarcastically most of the time. Its what the locals call Riverside and San Berardino counties. (its also what a number of the gangbangers call themselves - I'm retired Law Enforcement :yikes: ) I'm directly up the side of the mountain where I-10 goes from San Berdoo to Palm Springs.
Welcome to our forum. Do you get up at 4:30 am to watch the GPs? I guess we have it a little easier on the east coast.
Welcome to the best F1 forum on the planet; we're a pretty easy going bunch of fanatics, I think we have a good cross-section of F1 fans on this forum!

Looking forward to hearing your views on the forum! :wavey:

A bit further north up that ridgeline - due north of Idylwild if you're familiar with the area. The Inland Empire is a term I use somewhat sarcastically most of the time. Its what the locals call Riverside and San Berardino counties. (its also what a number of the gangbangers call themselves - I'm retired Law Enforcement :yikes: ) I'm directly up the side of the mountain where I-10 goes from San Berdoo to Palm Springs.

I see, I see. The Arrogant bar steward Ale's home Temecula is not all too far then. :drink:
By SoCalWJS
Welcome to our forum. Do you get up at 4:30 am to watch the GPs? I guess we have it a little easier on the east coast.

Nope. DVR everything - practice, qualifying and the actual race. I guess the one thing that's nice about F1 in the US is that you don't accidently stumble onto race results. :banghead:

Watch first thing when I get up most race weekends (my wife actually likes it as well).

Be interesting this year to see what happens as coverage goes over to NBC Sports. Only thing I've ever seen was the Speed Channels coverage. It'd be nice just for comparison to see a different feed for comparison (BBC/SKY)
By SoCalWJS
Welcome to the best F1 forum on the planet; we're a pretty easy going bunch of fanatics, I think we have a good cross-section of F1 fans on this forum!

Looking forward to hearing your views on the forum! :wavey:

Thank you! Seems like a good place. Planet F1's not me cup 'o tea, and I don't think I understand CFD well enough to hang out at Technical (insert emoticon with dunce cap). I'll be happy to share my well considered (but likely wrong) opinion with all willing to listen.
By SoCalWJS

I see, I see. The Arrogant bar steward Ale's home Temecula is not all too far then. :drink:

Ahhhh, Arrogant bar steward - good stuff! I well remember a trip to the Pacific Northwest where we picked up a case. All of their wonderful slogans. "Our beer isn't too expensive, you're just too cheap". I have a large bottle in the back of a fridge - Double bar steward - that I've been meaning to have. In more of a Newcastle/Bass mood lately. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!