FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By Revvenge
Hello everyone, Revvenge here. I'm from the Netherlands and I've been watching Formula One since somewhere in 1997. First race I can remember is Jerez 1997, so I generally pick that as the time I started watching. I used to be a fan of Mika Hakkinen and Juan-Pablo Montoya (whom I followed even while he drove in CART over in the US), but now I'm more of a fan of the sports, though I favor some drivers over others. I'm not a big fan of Alonso or Massa, think Maldonado isn't penalized enough and used to hate Schumacher's guts, though he's alright now at Mercedes. He seems more humble. Also, now that his dominance is over (and we don't have to see his trademarked finger every race), I can stand Vettel again. Anyway, I mainly like to see different drivers do well race by race (which made the start of the season very awesome indeed). Aside from Formula One I try to follow NASCAR, which I mainly started following because Montoya went there. It's kinda hard to see it from here though, since it's not broadcasted here. Anyway, I hope to see you lot on here and discuss lots of stuff :)
By LewEngBridewell
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Great to have you with us :thumbup:
By darwin dali
Welcome and enjoy the banter on here.

And why even bother with Nastycars, really? :P
By Revvenge
Thankies for the welcomes.

NASCAR is quite awesome, really. I know the audience aren't all the brightest tools in shed, compared to other motorsports, however, there's still plenty to enjoy. Tactics are up to par if not more advanced than in Formula One and the "two turns" thing isn't as easy as it is made out to be. There's a lot to it.
By geetface9
Welcome!!

You can catch nascar racing on coolsport.tv

That's the site I use to watch all the racing I can get that isn't broadcasted in the US. They stream the eurosport america or bbc america or whatever it is during nascar races sometimes so you might have luck with it :D
By What's Burning?

NASCAR is quite awesome, really. I know the audience aren't all the brightest tools in shed, compared to other motorsports, however, there's still plenty to enjoy. Tactics are up to par if not more advanced than in Formula One and the "two turns" thing isn't as easy as it is made out to be. There's a lot to it.

Welcome to our forum! With all the comotion going on here today I missed your post.

You may want to think your equation about NASCAR fans not being the brightest tools in the shed as by following the sport you automatically become a fan yourself and then things start to get confusing. :hehe:
[youtube]bG2OcW_Hwkg[/youtube]
By darwin dali

Welcome to our forum! With all the comotion going on here today I missed your post.

You may want to think your equation about NASCAR fans not being the brightest tools in the shed as by following the sport you automatically become a fan yourself and then things start to get confusing. :hehe:

A bit harsh :D
By racechick
Welcome Revvenge :wavey:
I was a little traumatised yesterday so didnt get to welcome you then. I enjoyed some of your posts though.
A JPM fan. Now your talking!!!! Class act there.(I watched him in Cart, was hugely excited when he came to F1 and then sad when he left-we dont get to see much NASCAR here) I can see we're going to be great friends, and I'll have an ally when the 'attack Montoya' brigade start :D
I also disliked Schumachjer intensly in his cheaty era but dont mind him now,I was actually routing for him to do well yesterday :yikes:
By darwin dali
I was a little traumatised yesterday so didnt get to welcome you then. I enjoyed some of your posts though.
A JPM fan. Now your talking!!!! Class act there.(I watched him in Cart, was hugely excited when he came to F1 and then sad when he left-we dont get to see much NASCAR here) I can see we're going to be great friends, and I'll have an ally when the 'attack Montoya' brigade start :D
I also disliked Schumachjer intensly in his cheaty era but dont mind him now,I was actually routing for him to do well yesterday :yikes:

Ah, tender love is blossoming :wink:
By Revvenge
Thankies all for the welcomes!

Welcome!!

You can catch nascar racing on coolsport.tv

That's the site I use to watch all the racing I can get that isn't broadcasted in the US. They stream the eurosport america or bbc america or whatever it is during nascar races sometimes so you might have luck with it :D

Oh, nice, I'll try that site next race weekend :)

Hehe, I meant there's some, like the ones chasing Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May in that episode of Top Gear in the US where they had to paint texts on the cars of the others. Not that I'm very bright xD

Yeah, I really enjoyed watching Montoya. He had no fear for the big names when he was new (Brazil 2001 :) ) and really dared to open his mouth and tell it how it is, which is sometimes a bit rare nowadays. Also, he almost won the title in 2003 I think it was! I can't say I was rooting for Schumacher yesterday, especially since he was fighting Raikkonen, who I like a bit more, but he indeed isn't as annoying anymore. And no more crashing into people for titles and getting away with stuff from him anymore lately :)
By racechick
Yes Schumacher's tidied his act up. Perhaps a bit of the routing for him was the fact that he's less of a threat to Hamilton than Kimi. But I would like him to get a win...fairly..... before he hangs up his helmet.
By Revvenge
Yes Schumacher's tidied his act up. Perhaps a bit of the routing for him was the fact that he's less of a threat to Hamilton than Kimi. But I would like him to get a win...fairly..... before he hangs up his helmet.

Hehe, good point then, but I just like the Kimi story this year and was just rooting for everything to fall into place finally, but again not this round. I dunno though, I kinda fear what Schumacher might become again if he really breaks through for his second career. Maybe a win would bring out the old Schumacher we don't like?
By vaptin

Hehe, good point then, but I just like the Kimi story this year and was just rooting for everything to fall into place finally, but again not this round. I dunno though, I kinda fear what Schumacher might become again if he really breaks through for his second career. Maybe a win would bring out the old Schumacher we don't like?

Not in that Mercedes.
By LewEngBridewell

Not in that Mercedes.

:yes:

That Merc is a dawwwwwg.

See our F1 related articles too!