FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
Hi everyone :wavey:

My name is Dave and I have been following F1 since the mid 1970's. A lot has happened in F1 since then and not all for the better IMHO, but the worst thing by far has been the BBC's insane decision to sell out to SKY this season. I've been, along with many, many others, quite vocal about this decision on Ben Gallops blog on the BBC website, not that it has made an ounce of difference of course. The BBC don't seem to care enough about their punters to bother to reply to the many questions that have been posed on this issue. The very least the BBC could have done was to insist they keep the option to re-run the full races at a later time :irked:

Anyway, rant over so now let's get down to the nitty gritty. The drivers I have the most respect for are Jenson Button, Mark Webber and Kamui Kobayashi. I suppose if I was pressured to choose my favourite driver out of the three it would have to be Jenson. I really like his style of driving and the fact that he doesn't often get flustered, unlike Lewis. In many respects his driving style reminds me of Alain Prost. I tend not to favour a particular outfit as every team on the grid has its good and bad points and they all work amazingly hard. I am not a particular fan of Ferrari but that has far more to do with their internal political structure than their ability as an F1 team.

It is my opinion that the FIA is messing about with the F1 rules and regs a little too much. This years cars are some of the ugliest I've ever seen in an F1 championship with the notable exception of the McLaren. To balance this out I am pleased that some of the driver aids have been consigned to history, a decision which has hugely improved the championships entertainment value. I'm glad Max Mosely has gone and it is high time Bernie Ecclestone handed the reigns over to somebody else IMO. He's a meddler.

:drink:
Normally I'm not so opinionated but I'm mightily annoyed about the BBC thing and it has brought a shed load of other stuff to the fore that has been bubbling under for a while. I'm a nice guy really, honest guv... :hehe:
Hello Synsei. I only joined recently too. Perhaps we could team up and take over the forum. Eventually starting our own F1 team.

Ehem!!! :nono:
:whip::whip::whip::twisted:

One of those unfortunate moments where you were thinking about something but accidentally think it out loud. :hehe:
Greetings :thumbup:
As for sky it's a sign of the times I'm afraid.Doesn't matter what sport you like ,if you don't have sky you can't watch it live.Football,golf,cricket,darts,nfl you name it ,they have it.
Anyway welcome to the forum ,enjoy your stay.
Hello Synsei. I only joined recently too. Perhaps we could team up and take over the forum. Eventually starting our own F1 team.

I think the more established members might have something to say about that... :hehe:

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Great to have you on board with us :thumbup::drink:

Hope you'll stick around :)

Thank you for the warm welcome Lew and yes I do intend to stick around :wine:

Greetings :thumbup:
As for sky it's a sign of the times I'm afraid.Doesn't matter what sport you like ,if you don't have sky you can't watch it live.Football,golf,cricket,darts,nfl you name it ,they have it.
Anyway welcome to the forum ,enjoy your stay.

Thank you McLaren, I guess you're a Ferrari fan then... I'll get my coat... :getout::freezing::angelgrin:

Ehem!!! :nono:
:whip::whip::whip::twisted:

I meant... a different.. forum...

Yes, that'll do...
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Great to have you on board with us :thumbup::drink:

Hope you'll stick around :)

Thank you for the warm welcome Lew and yes I do intend to stick around :wine:

Excellent! Well in that case, you've earned my seal of approval (the only one that actually matters, I hasten to add). :P:twisted::whip:

Oooooo! Golly, the banter here is rife!:loopy:

See our F1 related articles too!