FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By IheartKimmi
Hi, I am a long time watcher of F1, almost 30 years, I have always supported MacLaren as do my husband and kids. We were all born in Scotland but my husbands work took us to Singapore where we have lived now for almost 18 years.
I have had the pleasure of going to all but the first Malaysian GP, and 2 Singaporean ones. I love the atmosphere of being there and Malaysia is a nice circuit and it is used year round for Asia Pacific races. There is also a Go-Kart track that has a similar layout to the main track, my son raced there often in Rotax Max Karts. I think the Singapore circuit is best on TV, I was hugely disappointed with our first visit. we paid a lot of money to be on the pit straight and we could not see the garages nor see any action because of the heavy fencing. The second year was much better, we went to the exit of the pits and the first turn and we had a wonderful view :)
My husband got free Walkabout tickets last year and this for Singapore and since I am lazy and it is always hot I chose to watch it on TV in bed with some marshmallows and cake and :drink:
Anyway I loved Lewis at the beginning, I have always like Jens but give me Kimmi back. I was there and was watching through my bins when he cracked open a coke and had a magnum, got to love him :)
I want to give a shout out to my fellow Scot, Andrew, you sometimes talk a bit of poo, but I know what you are saying and this will likely be moderated because I have never seen Moderators on a Forum be quite as biased as this one, yes you Race Chick. You need to stop with the Martin hates Lewis and loves Jens thing, I am getting really bored with it and I think many others are. I hope this gets past moderation because I love F1 and I want to be able to talk about it with like minded fans, not blinkered, totally obsessed fans.
Cheers to all real F1 fans and double cheers if you like Kimmi and Jens :drink::clap:
By myownalias
:wavey: Welcome to the forum, I've moved your post to the introductions section... and I am a JB fan, so you're in good company!!! :thumbup:
By andrew
I really don't know what to say to your introduction.

Which part of Scotland were you originally from? Hope it's not Peterhead, Fraserburgh, Dundee or anywhere in Fife.

I think you need to get wellied into the thread about Whitmarsh's relationship with his drivers. :hehe:
By What's Burning?
Greetings... there's a lot of discussion here and we like it that way, but I would quit the mod job the day I wasn't allowed to have a bias or an opinion even if I'm completely wrong. So as much as I agree that the favoritism thing is probably nonsense, RC like any other member has a right to say it, think it, believe it, and possible be right about it when the puts on her tin foil hat.
By andrew
The real question is where do you draw the line between actions as a regular member and actions as part of the site brass? The way I see it, moderators are the police of the site and are there to uphold the law of the place and set an example of how to behave to us regular Joes.
By LewEngBridewell
Welcome to the forum. Straight to the point in the first post! :eek::wink:
By darwin dali
I can see an enduring love blossoming between IheartKimmi (who's Kimmi??) and racechick - just drop some fatty jokes about Mr. Chubby and you'll be set for life :P

Welcome :hehe:
By What's Burning?
The real question is where do you draw the line between actions as a regular member and actions as part of the site brass? The way I see it, moderators are the police of the site and are there to uphold the law of the place and set an example of how to behave to us regular Joes.

That's the beauty, no need to make a distinction, even though we police, we are still held to the same Forum Guidelines, otherwise it's DD's dungeon time, and... :yikes: it's dark down there!
By darwin dali

That's the beauty, no need to make a distinction, even though we police, we are still held to the same Forum Guidelines, otherwise it's DD's dungeon time, and... :yikes: it's dark down there!

You would know honey :twisted:
By Jabberwocky
Welcome

I enjoyed my time in the Dungeon, Which is strange as I have never been a fan of Iron Maiden
By What's Burning?
Welcome

I enjoyed my time in the Dungeon, Which is strange as I have never been a fan of Iron Maiden

By dark, I meant bleak and dreary... I actually don't mind it with the lights off. :hehe:

We should compare notes, I'm curious about what your experience in the dungeon was like.

See our F1 related articles too!