FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By Bye_Ya
New to the place. I grew up around being around racing quite a bit, as my grandfather was a fairly successful drag racer in the States in the quickrod division. He had a lot of friends that did other types of racing besides drag, and I was often around his shop where he was constantly working to improve his car, and he also followed Le Mans and NASCAR. I've always had a fascination with F1 and IndyCars but never really followed F1 until this season, outside of keeping up with Andretti highlights back in the day. I have a lot to learn, but I actually rather enjoy being in that spot since it's still fresh for me. Been watching a lot of the previous season's races as well, and just find the F1 cars of today unbelievably remarkable. Always had a soft spot for the Ferrari F1's and I support their team, though ATM I don't tend to favor one particular driver. Alonso and Massa certainly get a bit of bias though. :-o Anyway cheers, hope to have interesting discussion. :wavey:
By myownalias
Welcome to the forum, we've not had a new member that supports Ferrari for a while, makes a change from all the McLaren and Red Bull fans influx! :)
By vlad
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your time here! :wavey::drink:
By andrew
Welcome to the forum, despite supporting the team from the dark side and Fernando (I no have idea how that got there/it wasn't me/I can't help it if trouble follows me) Alonso.

Enjoy your time here. :wavey:
By What's Burning?
Hey, welcome aboard. I kind of got sidetracked while reading your post. Well everything past the word "quickrod" :hehe:

I'd actually never heard the term before... so what's the difference between a quickrod and a hotrod? Or is it like a hero, sub, grinder, or po' boy kind of thing?
By Bye_Ya
Hey, welcome aboard. I kind of got sidetracked while reading your post. Well everything past the word "quickrod" :hehe:

I'd actually never heard the term before... so what's the difference between a quickrod and a hotrod? Or is it like a hero, sub, grinder, or po' boy kind of thing?

Here you go M8, about half way down they get to the Quick Rod description.

http://media.ihra.com/about/race-classes
By Bye_Ya
Welcome to the forum, despite supporting the team from the dark side and Fernando (I no have idea how that got there/it wasn't me/I can't help it if trouble follows me) Alonso.

Enjoy your time here. :wavey:

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Thx.
By LewEngBridewell
Welcome to the forum mate! :wavey:

Great to have you on board with us :drink::thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!