FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
Hi everybody... :)

I'm an architecture student from Montenegro, just finishing my degree with a fabulous project... I'm designing a F1 race track, so I need technical support, due to the lack of appropriate literature. If you would kindly suggest the section to start a discussion of this kind [normative, parameters etc in racetrack design] it would be of great assistance in my further work.

p.s. I also have to mention that this is my first time ever to actually participate in a forum as an active member, so any kind of help is welcome :)

Drazen
Dobrodosao, Drazene! Nadam se da ce ti se svidjeti ovdje, jer je forum prava mala Pandorina kutija! :wink:

Now on english; Welcome, mate, I hope you will find the informations you need here, it's an interesting project, I must say. :wavey:
Dobrodosao, Drazene! Nadam se da ce ti se svidjeti ovdje, jer je forum prava mala Pandorina kutija! :wink:

Now on english; Welcome, mate, I hope you will find the informations you need here, it's an interesting project, I must say. :wavey:

Hvala vlad, nadam se da cu prikupiti sve potrebne informacije, i da ce vam se dopasti moj projekat kad ga zavrsim... Bicete mi prvi kriticari :)
Welcome to our humble forum.

Q, when you say that you're designing an F1 track, does it include the support buildings or just the track?

Actually, the project is in the field of urban design, so it includes the entire F1 racetrack complex [track, main building, stands, parking lot + additional content, like hotels, marinas etc]. I'm a big fan of F1 racing myself, and I have done much research on the internet before I even started the first sketch. The thing is, there is basically no appropriate literature regarding the subject [normative, parameters in racetrack design]. Watching F1 for years I managed to note some of the basic rules in racetrack design, which involve required facilities, choice of location for a track, racing direction, race length, distance driven / number of laps etc. These are all more or less facts that you can gather from the official F1 website, but nothing more. Obviously it is a student project, but I would like to base my master plan on proven facts.
Everybody,

I've managed to find a pretty valuable piece of documentation. I don't know actually how many of you are interested in this topic, but if this is of any assistance, I'll share the link for the 'F1 track design and safety' document.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zkwzmjmum4t

BTW, I would really [REALLY] benefit from every little piece of information that you can provide me on this topic...
Greetings :wavey: Looking forward to me latest trip to your area.October I'm off to Belgrade then get the train journey to Podrica,ment to be superb scenery. for a few days,and watch the Montenegro v England game.
Anyway enjoy your stay :hehe:
Greetings :wavey: Looking forward to me latest trip to your area.October I'm off to Belgrade then get the train journey to Podrica,ment to be superb scenery. for a few days,and watch the Montenegro v England game.
Anyway enjoy your stay :hehe:

Very well, I'll be on the opposite stand :) hope for a match worth watching... Maybe I'll see you for a pint... if we draw :) [or some local poisons...]
Welcome to our humble forum.

Q, when you say that you're designing an F1 track, does it include the support buildings or just the track?

Actually, the project is in the field of urban design, so it includes the entire F1 racetrack complex [track, main building, stands, parking lot + additional content, like hotels, marinas etc]. I'm a big fan of F1 racing myself, and I have done much research on the internet before I even started the first sketch. The thing is, there is basically no appropriate literature regarding the subject [normative, parameters in racetrack design]. Watching F1 for years I managed to note some of the basic rules in racetrack design, which involve required facilities, choice of location for a track, racing direction, race length, distance driven / number of laps etc. These are all more or less facts that you can gather from the official F1 website, but nothing more. Obviously it is a student project, but I would like to base my master plan on proven facts.

Well don't limit yourself to F1 then, there are other venues that would also have similar facilities. Since there are so many variables It's difficult to even venture an opinion, I would think that if it was a school project there would be some preliminary gudelines, budget, location, other uses outside of F1 since you can't live on F1 alone. :hehe:

But what the hell, it's school project, don't limit yourself, think beyond anything that's been done before, in my opinion the biggest failure could be to wind up with something that we've already seen... school *IS* for pushing the envelope!

See our F1 related articles too!