FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By GRHinPorts
Newly joined...Been following F1 since 1994. Been reading the forum for a few weeks and thought I might tentatively contribute.
By phonedog
Welcome my friend!!!!! :wavey:
By andrew
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Think carefully before answering the above question. :hehe:
By GRHinPorts

I think from what I have read so far the people who think these thing matter beleive that it all becomes clear with what you say or dont say anyway...so I will leave it for others to make there own minds up :thumbup:
By LewEngBridewell
Welcome to the forum!!!! :wavey::drink:
By FRAFPDD

I think from what I have read so far the people who think these thing matter beleive that it all becomes clear with what you say or dont say anyway...so I will leave it for others to make there own minds up :thumbup:

:thumbup: From me.
By Jabberwocky
Welcome,

Can people not just be a fan of the sport and not become a fan of one of two drivers?!?!
By LewEngBridewell
Welcome,

Can people not just be a fan of the sport and not become a fan of one of two drivers?!?!

It's always good fun to cheer on a team or driver though isn't it? :clap:
By Jabberwocky
what about the other 20 odd drivers on the grid? I am sure people like Sutil need some love too!
By LewEngBridewell
what about the other 20 odd drivers on the grid? I am sure people like Sutil need some love too!

But they all do have love. When I was at the British Grand Prix this year, I (like the vast majority of people) was cheering on McLaren and their drivers. But, on the parade lap, the first lap, the second lap and the final lap, we all stood and cheered every single car. To the max.

Why?

Because we love the sport. :cloud9:
By Jabberwocky
So why does someone have to support Seb or Lew? as the OP was asked?
By FRAFPDD
So why does someone have to support Seb or Lew? as the OP was asked?

Asking the wrong person really, think Vaptin said it.
By LewEngBridewell
Because it's natural for people to take a particular liking to a certain driver or team. This may be for various reasons, whether it be location, nationality, previous garlands or appearance. Sport is sport, and everyone has favourites. That's where the competition arises. The fans like is amongst themselves just as much as on the track.

I like cheering on McLaren. I can dress in their team shirts and hats, and wave their flag at races. But, I also have a massive respect and liking for the other teams and drivers too, simply because they're all part of the wonderful sport that is F1.

Do you not have a favourite team or driver?

See our F1 related articles too!