FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By andrew
Howdy everyone! :wavey:

By way of an introduction, I am Andrew and I hail from Scotland. I am a Vettel and Red Bull fan so I am loving this season.

Long time poster of another site but am tired of the fanboy's of a certain English driver so am looking for a safe haven from these beings who seem to roam the internet, devouring once good forums.

Looking forward to some good F1 banter on here.
By darwin dali

By way of an introduction, I am Andrew and I hail from Scotland. I am a Vettel and Red Bull fan so I am loving this season.

Long time poster of another site but am tired of the fanboy's of a certain English driver so am looking for a safe haven from these beings who seem to roam the internet, devouring once good forums.

Hope you covered your tracks so they won't find you/us here :yikes:

But you'll find we have our fair share of them here as well :P
By andrew
I think I swerved, ducked and rolled enough to throw them off the scent, however they usually hunt in packs. :rofl:

As long as they are thick skinned and leave the ego and the login page we should all get on fine. I'm a firm believer in the ethos of attack the post, not the poster.
By LewEngBridewell
Hi Andrew, and welcome to the forum! :wavey:

I am a fan of the McLaren team, so I'm sure we'll have a brilliant, humorous and "chilled out" rivalry. I'm not a pestering, obsessive and annoying fan-boy like some forums present (I remember BBC 606 used to be horrendous), so no worries! It's a great place here. :wink:

Looking forward to the banter! :drink:
By FRAFPDD
Youll be dissapointed to learn theres a lot of Hamilton fans ( natural of course as hes the best driver of a generation.... :D )

But the balance is coming with a recent flock of Vettel fans.

Forgot where the Alonso fans are i think on holiday.
By myownalias
As long as they are thick skinned and leave the ego and the login page we should all get on fine. I'm a firm believer in the ethos of attack the post, not the poster.

We'll just get on just fine with that attitude; that's what we like to hear, a grown up member who likes to debate.

I'm a fan of one (JB) of the English drivers; I suspect you mean the other one through...

Welcome to Forumula1.com, I'm looking forward to interesting debates with you! :)
By vlad
Welcome! :D
Another Vettel fan? Nice! :)
By Selcouth_Feline
:wavey: Welcome!

We have our fair share of fanboys but overall the support for the different teams/drivers is quite balanced! (Kobayashi supporter here :) )
By What's Burning?
In the end we're all fans of the same sport. The forum is no different than life, (with the exception of the shroud of anonymity of course) no one likes sore winners, no one likes sore losers and it's infinitely easier to tear things down than it is to build them up.

So welcome aboard!
By SennaVille

Safe haven? *looking around*

How come a person can be a Vettel fan, but not a fanboy. But a Lewis fan is a fanboy?

Sorry, Andrew, not picking on you personally. Welcome to the boards and all that. But, really...I don't get this fanboy thing.
By myownalias
How come a person can be a Vettel fan, but not a fanboy. But a Lewis fan is a fanboy?

Because Vettel fans tend not to go posting everywhere with blinkers on... many Hamilton fans can't see the crashes for the cars... he can do no wrong etc, etc... generally fans of Vettel tend to be more reasonable when someone dislikes their driver or drivers actions... this doesn't apply to all Hamilton fans but it is sadly true that many Hamilton fans can't just accept someone else's opinion especially if that opinion is not in favour of Hamilton...
By SennaVille

Because Vettel fans tend not to go posting everywhere with blinkers on... many Hamilton fans can't see the crashes for the cars... he can do no wrong etc, etc... generally fans of Vettel tend to be more reasonable when someone dislikes their driver or drivers actions... this doesn't apply to all Hamilton fans but it is sadly true that many Hamilton fans can't just accept someone else's opinion especially if that opinion is not in favour of Hamilton...

I'm guessing it might be one of those what goes around comes around things. One day vettel will be in an inferior car, trying to pass people, make mistakes, get frustrated, crash, and take other people out. Then there will be Vettelboys explaining his actions :)
By myownalias

I'm guessing it might be one of those what goes around comes around things. One day vettel will be in an inferior car, trying to pass people, make mistakes, get frustrated, crash, and take other people out. Then there will be Vettelboys explaining his actions :)

Also Lewis does tend to bring a lot of the criticism on himself with what he says after races as much as his actions in races; calling other drivers names; bringing the race card into stewardship matters, getting on his high horse like he has some sort of divine right to be on the top step of the podium and always have the fastest car on the grid... just an opinion! :D

OK, back to topic... :whip:
By darwin dali

Been there, done that - remember last year's incidents?

See our F1 related articles too!