FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By xkv
Hi, thought it would be polite to introduce myself after a handful of posts as it looks like I might be here for a season or two...

I am in the UK, not far from Maidenhead. Been and still am a McLaren fan but haven't found a driver to support since Hakkinen left! DC used to infuriate me in his McLaren days but he does a good job as a "guru" and I am fan of both him and Brundle. Amongst the team principles, Ron and Ross are my favourites.

My F1 interest started just as Senna died so missed out on all the Prost/Senna/Mansell era of F1. Hope we'll get back to that level of competitive racing in F1 in the future.

I miss fuel stops in F1 as that added a lot of manoeuvre (not the kind Massa demonstrated by dragging the fuel hose down the pit lane) in team strategy - hope DRS is allowed anywhere on the track just like KERS!

Looking forward to the season, hopefully live chat during races and putting in my 2cents worth where I can!

Cheers,

xkv
By darwin dali
Welcome :)

McLaren fan w/o a driver, hm... interesting. Care to elaborate why?
By xkv

I cannot take a driver wearing earrings seriously and never been a Button fan. Seriously though, LH was over-rated as he came into F1 - the British media do a good job of that and he didn't quite live up to the high expectations IMO.

I'll leave it that for my intro - will pick up this debate in several other *hot* threads.
By Jabberwocky
Welcome mate. A refreshing change of a Mclaren fan that is not also a Hamilton fan :-)

The Head and Shoulders advert is not good for Button either
By f1ea
Welcome.

I cannot take a driver wearing earrings seriously

LOL that's a nice reason. Hadn't thought about it myself....... :)

Looking forward to the season, hopefully live chat during races and putting in my 2cents worth where I can!

if you want i can send you my bank acct. number...... and to save you some trouble, you may add many 2c and do group deposits; in fact you could purchase 2c credits in advance...
By xkv
Welcome.

I cannot take a driver wearing earrings seriously

LOL that's a nice reason. Hadn't thought about it myself....... :)

if you want i can send you my bank acct. number...... and to save you some trouble, you may add many 2c and do group deposits; in fact you could purchase 2c credits in advance...

Yes mate, send me your bank account details asap...hope you don't have a problem with Zimbabwean dollars.
By xkv
Welcome mate. A refreshing change of a Mclaren fan that is not also a Hamilton fan :-)

The Head and Shoulders advert is not good for Button either

Cheers!
By What's Burning?
Welcome xkv... your name is hard to pronounce. :hehe:

Food for thought since I'm in a very reflective mood this Sunday morning.... isn't the driver/s a team chooses just as much a reflection of that team, as the cars they put on the grid?
By darwin dali

Food for thought since I'm in a very reflective mood this Sunday morning.... isn't the driver/s a team chooses just as much a reflection of that team, as the cars they put on the grid?

Yo evillll :twisted:
By xkv

Don't remember where I picked that name from - let's call it inspiration!

Yes you have a point but supporting a team is about consistency for me - drivers come and go. I don't switch teams when a driver moves. Do you?
By LewEngBridewell
Hi! I also support McLaren as a team. The drivers I support tend to be also driving for McLaren 8-)

See our F1 related articles too!