FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Oh look, Red Bull did something so let's blow it out of all proportion! :banghead:

The Red Bull has not been illegal at any point. Some of the practices regarding engine mapping have caused concern with the FiA but their car has not been illegal at any stage. Kind of begs the question how long until F1 becomes a full blown spec. series seeingas it is sadly moving that way.
By andrew
Time was it would have been a case of let the other teams catch up and that's how it should be.

Yet again, the FiA are stiffling innovation, lateral thinking and pushing the envelope. Be as well just make F1 a spec. series and be done with all these problems.
.......Kind of begs the question how long until F1 becomes a full blown spec. series seeingas it is sadly moving that way.

No matter how many times you post that line Andrew, it wont make it come true.
.......Kind of begs the question how long until F1 becomes a full blown spec. series seeingas it is sadly moving that way.

Oh but it is true, or else I wouldn't say it.

But it isnt.

But it isnt.

But it is. Just look at the way loopholes get closed at a moments notice when it should be a case of leaving loopholes to create opportunities for innovation.

But it isnt.

But it is. Just look at the way loopholes get closed at a moments notice when it should be a case of leaving loopholes to create opportunities for innovation.

But F1 with closed grey area loopholes does not = a spec. series. That is a completely different thing - and if you cant see that, then this discussion should just stop.

But it isnt.

But F1 with closed grey area loopholes does not = a spec. series. That is a completely different thing - and if you cant see that, then this discussion should just stop.

Actually it does equal a spec. series as everyone will be turning up with basically the same thing as there is no room for innovation. I've said all I need to on that. Either agree or disagree, I really couldn't care less.
It's been quite clear that the FIA do not want artificially excessive exhaust gasses to be used aerodynamically and from what they (and possibly everyone else) knew at the time the rules prevented that. Redbull have now shown that the rules weren't comprehensive enough and in making these amendments the FIA are remaining consistent.
As much as I disagree with the fiasco of the EBD last year and the ham fisted way they tried to ban it and then un ban it... :rolleyes: I completely support the way the FIA handled this one.
By f1ea
Basically, the FIA are going after "the spirit of the rules". Before they've been kinda forgiving and regulating by literal interpretation.... Now it seems they are going more towards defending the spirit. If it stays consistent, its ok.
Basically, the FIA are going after "the spirit of the rules". Before they've been kinda forgiving and regulating by literal interpretation.... Now it seems they are going more towards defending the spirit. If it stays consistent, its ok.

When it comes to the "spirit of the rules", Red Bull have dug their own grave; Horner is constantly waffling on about other teams not complying with the spirit of the rules, now it has come back to bite him on the bottom, Horner can't have it both ways.

See our F1 related articles too!