FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Hi,

Im new to the sport, and I have been looking for a site or sites where I can read about the different cars and get a overview of the differences between them and what the ideas are behind the different teams design decisions. Of course much is secret, but some must be known, right?

Can you guys push me in the right direction here? Where are some good places to get a overview of the different cars and the differences between them?

Thank you
Søren
There are many places and many, many resources for this, including F1Technical, my general source for photos of car upgrades. Scarbs' blog is quite good too. The official F1 site has some good (but short) posts with a summary of some new parts on some of the cars, with useful sketches to demonstrate the theories - at this link.
Not exactly current but if you read The Chariot Makers by Steve Matchett, you'd get a good overall feel for the ethos that drives the black art of F1 racecar design. Even adding to that his other books you would have a well rounded knowledge base to guide you.
Thank you guys :) For a newbie to the sport I find it quite hard to get a overview of the differences on the cars, it seems the information is very fragmented and I have to try and gather my own overview by reading the many fragments. I will do my best and see if I can make head and tail of things :)

/Søren

See our F1 related articles too!