FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
By scotty
[youtube]_Wn1EFLa2C8[/youtube]

Pretty cool, you never really get to see properly inside the cars like this. I love seeing how they've fitted everything together.
2 Years! Give me a stihl saw and I'll have it done in a couple of hours.

Cool to see that, like with the x-ray a while ago of the toyota I think it was.
2 Years! Give me a stihl saw and I'll have it done in a couple of hours.

Ha yeah! Sweet video though, very good to see.
wouldn't you know it, the one place you can fit your apple, the regs don't allow it!
You can't put an apple in there, but that's where Renault installed their Mass Damper in '05 & '06.

Man, its tight around the pedals, steering, torsion bars etc! You'd hate to drop a spanner down there. It would be fun trying to find it!!

I find it funny that all the effort goes into lowering the CG of the car, yet you have 40kg of drivers legs hanging that high up in the chassis. The aero benefit must be worth it I suppose....

Very, very cool video. Props to Sauber :clap:
You can't put an apple in there, but that's where Renault installed their Mass Damper in '05 & '06.

Man, its tight around the pedals, steering, torsion bars etc! You'd hate to drop a spanner down there. It would be fun trying to find it!!

I find it funny that all the effort goes into lowering the CG of the car, yet you have 40kg of drivers legs hanging that high up in the chassis. The aero benefit must be worth it I suppose....

Very, very cool video. Props to Sauber :clap:

Unless we have drivers with this kind of legs
I don't see the 40kg. A driver weighs maybe 75kg. 75 - 80% of that weight is in the torso, arms and head (well, in FA's case the head might weigh considerably more :hehe: ). These parts sit low on the butt in the car. So, 20% of 75kg is about 15kg.
Those risky moves Kamui (?) makes on other drivers have really damaged this car, he cut it clean in half!

Seriously though, apart from the fact that the engine is blocked off, the insides of an F1 car look awesome.

http://jalopnik.com/5928707/this-is-what-the-inside-of-a-formula-one-car-looks-like
By RichardC
Really great video! I didn't see anything about the drivers drinking source they have during the race though? I'm wondering where that is situated inside the car as there seems to be little room for anything extra in there.
By atommo
It seems to me that the drivers don't drink during the driving part. They seem to drink before and after the driving, since I notice the drivers holding bottles with straws going into their helmet while sitting in the car in the pits/parked on the track before sessions begin.
There are video clips that show a sip tube going from the baklava downward that then (presumably) connects to the drink supply. I think I even saw Fernando Alonso prepping in Monza that clearly showed the tube and him putting it in his mouth as he donned the baklava.
There are video clips that show a sip tube going from the baklava downward that then (presumably) connects to the drink supply. I think I even saw Fernando Alonso prepping in Monza that clearly showed the tube and him putting it in his mouth as he donned the baklava.

Hmmmm, baklava!

Image:cloud9:

See our F1 related articles too!