FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By racechick
And still nearly got pipped by ben :wink:

So? Are you trying to take something away from the best guy in the field atm? He still won! But that's what happens when it starts raining, Easier to follow than to lead in those conditions.

We won't talk about Rossis race, don't know where you think he could have won it? :confused:

Whoa, down boy! Im not trying to take anything from Stoner, he's had 10 wins, so that speaks for itself. But he did nearly get pipped, thats a fact. And it would have been nice to see Ben get that, he's only won one. And Stoners's not my favourite, so you see where im coming from.

Why do I think Rossi could have won? He's a multiple champion riding a poor bike and it was raining. He's good in the rain and rain is a great equaller of machinery. It slowed Stoner and Pedrosa so I think Rossi could have won. We'll never know because he was knocked off at the first corner. But look how he went at Silverstyone in the wet.
Anyway, cheer up, seasons over and Stoner's won :P
By andrew
After yesterdays race my opinion of Stoner has gone down even further (didn't know it could get any lower). Spies rode a spectacular race and thoroughly deserved the victory. Pity Stonerr couldn't just let him have it.

Don't know why Bautista was blaming Dovi for the crash. It was Bautista that hit Dovi! Things were looking promising for Rossi, de Puniet and Hayden finishing the season on a high.

Worst MotoGP season for a while. Simoncelli dies, hypocrites blasting Simoncelli at every given opportunity for the crime of being a very firm but fair racer (ok he did make some mistakes but they all do especially in their first couple of seasons), Rossi is lumbered with a total dud of a bike and Honda get to run 3 bikes ( :censored: joke!) and bloody Stoner wins. Roll on 2012!
By bud
It was never fully wet, it only got really bad at the end there, I don't think the Ducati would have had the pace to stay within reach to make a challenge at the end. He might have been squabbling with Pedrosa Abraham and Crutchlow.

After yesterdays race my opinion of Stoner has gone down even further (didn't know it could get any lower). Spies rode a spectacular race and thoroughly deserved the victory. Pity Stonerr couldn't just let him have it.

:confused: wtf you think he should give away wins? Are you not a fan of racing? Sorry Andy that comment as to why you dislike someone says more about you! Hating a guy for winning a race...I've heard it all :rolleyes:

Rossi fans I tell ya... :banghead:
By andrew
It was never fully wet, it only got really bad at the end there, I don't think the Ducati would have had the pace to stay within reach to make a challenge at the end. He might have been squabbling with Pedrosa Abraham and Crutchlow.

:confused: wtf you think he should give away wins? Are you not a fan of racing? Sorry Andy that comment as to why you dislike someone says more about you! Hating a guy for winning a race...I've heard it all :rolleyes:

Rossi fans I tell ya... :banghead:

Not at all. Spies had ridden a much better race and Stoner didn't need to win for the championship. It would have been nice to finish the season with a different winner, that's all.
By bud
:bs: excuse. You said you dislike him more now for basically not letting Spies win. What game are they playing here? I thought they were racing.
You know it was an exciting race and a guy won by an inch and there's negative comments about it... What a crock, you racing fans or fanboys?!
And going by your logic you surely wont want Vettel to win the last two races then? Didn't think so...sounds like fanboyism to me.
Funnily enough it's only Rossi fans who are whinging, guarantee if it were Rossi who won this way we'd be hearing how Jesus was riding the bike to victory!! I dunno what it is with you lot but perhaps you only started following him because he was winning all the time, kinda like the Ferrari fans back in the day and are now frustrated and vent at the new reign Lorenzo,Stoner and co. But again I'm sure there were no complaints when he was winning every race....let others have a go? :rolleyes:
By Frontrunner
After yesterdays race my opinion of Stoner has gone down even further (didn't know it could get any lower)

Why?? because Stoner didn't let Spies win??

Don't know why Bautista was blaming Dovi for the crash. It was Bautista that hit Dovi! Things were looking promising for Rossi, de Puniet and Hayden finishing the season on a high.

I agree

Rossi is lumbered with a total dud of a bike

Well that Ducati has been a dud for a few seasons now, but the bike was still capable of winning a race here or there this year in my opinion.
By racechick
I was an exciting race, which I wasnt expecting after the start. I'd have loved Ben to win but not because Stoner gave it to him, I doubt Ben would have wanted that either. He drove brilliantly, especially those last few laps leading, great racing, but it wasnt to be.

Agree with Frontrunner on the Ducatti. It cant compete in normal conditions, but there have been the odd races where conditions have favoured it and Rossi could have got a win.
Silverstone-had he not qualified so low down(quali was dry)
Last race -had he not been knocked off
And that race where he crashed and Stoner was lippy (cant remember the race)
Those three races I think if things had gone differently the Ducatti might have won.

Bud. I hope you arent including me in your tirade against Rossi fans? Im a huge Rossi fan (suprise, suprise) and I cant claim to have watched him come through the lower series, as is the case with Lewis, because I dont follow motoGP, or didnt, as closely as F1. But I dont just support him because he's won so much. If I supported for those reasons Id be a Vettel fan and previously a Schumacher fan. Im not, and I wasnt. With me its about the whole person. The way they ride, their personality. I just find myself drawn. It was the same with Marco, and he wasnt winning....yet :( By the same token there are riders I dont like because I just find the whole package unappealing. The ones that whinge and moan and are hypercritical in their attack on other riders (I cant ever forgive those who badmouthed Marco). But I can seperate my like and dislike from my respect for the riding skill. So I dont think that makes me a fan boy, I mean girl.
By andrew
After yesterdays race my opinion of Stoner has gone down even further (didn't know it could get any lower)

Why?? because Stoner didn't let Spies win??

It would have been a nice gestuere, that's all. I've never liked Stoner, but when he was bitching about Simoncelli, I had an even lower opinion of the guy. Sure he doesn't have to let Spies win but Spies rode a better race and deserved it. Loosing a race right before the line is a total kick in the balls.

I agree

Yay!

Rossi is lumbered with a total dud of a bike

Well that Ducati has been a dud for a few seasons now, but the bike was still capable of winning a race here or there this year in my opinion.

The Ducati last year was ok but they have tried to be too revolutionary this year in their design by making the engine part of the chassis which has limited the amount of improvements and changes that they can make to the bike during the season. The engine doesn't have as much squirt as the Honda I think but the chassis being not flexible enough and the lack of front end feeling has been the big stumbling point.
By bud
It would have been a nice gestuere, that's all. I've never liked Stoner, but when he was bitching about Simoncelli, I had an even lower opinion of the guy. Sure he doesn't have to let Spies win but Spies rode a better race and deserved it. Loosing a race right before the line is a total kick in the balls.

Guy who crosses the line first deserves it. That's the rules of racing! That's the beauty about MotoGP there's no team orders.

Oh please let Marco rest in peace using him now he is deceased as a reason to hate on Stoner in life is pathetic. Besides Lorenzo and Marco were more at each others neck.

Hey Rossi fans isn't it hilarious how Rossi was mocking stoner last year for his front end induced falls and now this year Rossi suffered multiple falls from the same problem. That's called Karma but atleast Stoner still won on the Ducati, even Hayden's been doing better of late.
By racechick
I didnt name names as to who bitched about other drivers, you assumed i meant Stoner, but I agree with you, Lorenzo was worse concerning Marco. Hayden's done better than Rossi once, maybe twice? And Rossi is changing the bike.....wasnt expecting results this year. Lets not get into why Rossi commented on Stoner's fall off's . Like you say, karma.
By andrew
Oh please let Marco rest in peace using him now he is deceased as a reason to hate on Stoner in life is pathetic. Besides Lorenzo and Marco were more at each others neck.

I have no time for Lorenzo either. Considering how he rode in his early MotoGP days it was a bit rich his bitching about Simoncelli. I'm not using Simoncelli for anything but do think he was treated rather poorly and unfairly by some riders - it still makes me angry!
By Frontrunner
Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista has been named as Marco Simoncelli's replacement at Team Gresini Honda from next season. I know that Marco was line up for a full factory bike next season, but not sure that Bautista will claim that factory bike from Honda, Honda could just stick with Stoner and Pedrosa with the factory bikes.
By racechick
Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista has been named as Marco Simoncelli's replacement at Team Gresini Honda from next season. I know that Marco was line up for a full factory bike next season, but not sure that Bautista will claim that factory bike from Honda, Honda could just stick with Stoner and Pedrosa with the factory bikes.

Marco was having a fully supported Honda bike but not in the Honda team with Stoner and Pedrosa. Thats what I thought anyway.
By andrew

Marco was having a fully supported Honda bike but not in the Honda team with Stoner and Pedrosa. Thats what I thought anyway.

He was getting one of the big boys toys, to-wit a bike of the same variety as Pedrosa and Stoner so I imagine the bike would come with factory support. I'm not sure if the deal was more to do with the rider or the team however given the circumstances it would be a bit of a kick in the nadgers if Gresini were to loose the factory bike.
By Frontrunner
Suzuki has comfirmed that they will be pulling out of MotoGP but with a possible return in 2014. That just leaves Honda, Yamaha and Ducati as the only manufactures that have a full factory backed team in MotoGP.

See our F1 related articles too!