FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By andrew
The 2012 Ducatti is reported as reaching speeds of 330kph or 205mph in roman Catholic. Far too fast but that's what happens when you strap 1000cc engine onto the lump of aluminium that weighs next to nothing.
By Frontrunner
I don't why Dorna has flipped flopped over the engine size, The 800 only lasted for 5 years and pretty much going back to where they were in 2006 with the 990. I guess Dorna's plans for the 800cc didn't go to plan.
By Frontrunner
wonder if Hondda or Yamahha would make those speeds also?

I seen what you done there bud, with the double 'd' and the double 'h'. Are you getting annoyed with the double 't' in Ducati that RC and Andrew always do, :hehe: I'm used to it now.
By bud

I seen what you done there bud, with the double 'd' and the double 'h'. Are you getting annoyed with the double 't' in Ducati that RC and Andrew always do, :hehe: I'm used to it now.

whoops didn't notice i made that mistake :wink:
By headless
Such a tragic event, only seven days after the loss of Wheldon. Very sad indeed. :(

I can't bring myself to watch it again, but I thought I saw the helmet come away before the second bike struck him. If so, there are some serious safety concerns there.

This has hit me harder than Wheldon as watching it live to hearing about it in the morning has had a different response. Seeing the helmet rolling on the track made me feel sick.

Yes, it is pretty horrible knowing what you have just watched.

Its very strange how these things always happen together. Couple of years back, Massa's accident and Henry Surtees within weeks of each other, now this and Dan Wheldon.

Isn't nice.
By andrew

If you don't like my less than perfect spelling you can just jog on. I do the best I can under the circumstances.
By racechick
Oops. Sorrrrrrrrry :blush: Im just as bad with Ferarri, or is it Ferrari,Ferari, Ferrarri??? Theres usually a double somethig in Italian words.But now I'll remember there isnt in Duccati, sorry Ducatti, I mean Ducati :)
By McLaren
Doh! watched the first corner pile up,then Casey ride off to a 5 second lead very quickly,then fell asleep :banghead:
By bud
Doh! watched the first corner pile up,then Casey ride off to a 5 second lead very quickly,then fell asleep :banghead:

He was leading by over 10 seconds at one point.
By racechick
And still nearly got pipped by ben :wink:

Shame about the Ducati's getting tuipped out. I think Rossi could have won this one.
By bud
And still nearly got pipped by ben :wink:

So? Are you trying to take something away from the best guy in the field atm? He still won! But that's what happens when it starts raining, Easier to follow than to lead in those conditions.

We won't talk about Rossis race, don't know where you think he could have won it? :confused:
By andrew
Not seen the race yet but I sincerely doubt Rossi could have won it on his 2 wheeled burro. The smart money was on him getting on the podium and I believe that is what he was hoping for but a win on that piece of :censored: is not possible this year.
By Frontrunner
enjoyable race to finish off 2011, Now looking forward to tuesday and wednesday for some 1000cc testing, first time will see Honda, Yamaha and Ducati on the same track with their 1000 bikes, so it will be interesting to see where they are all at, but probably won't find out the true pace when they start testing at Sepang next year.

See our F1 related articles too!