FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By bud
Rained right at the end other than that pretty uneventful, Casey off in the distance like Vettel
By bud
Lorenzo and Spies ruled out of Australian Grand Prix
Reigning World Champion Jorge Lorenzo has been forced to withdraw from Sunday’s Iveco Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix after sustaining a left hand injury in Sunday morning warm-up at the Phillip Island circuit.
The Yamaha rider crashed at the exit of Turn 12 on his final lap of the 20-minute session, high-siding off the bike and coming to rest on the edge of the circuit.
Lorenzo was declared unfit to race after sustaining an injury to the fourth finger of the left hand and he will travel to Melbourne to undergo plastic surgery to repair the damage.
Lorenzo trails world championship leader Casey Stoner by 40 points with three races remaining, meaning the Australian only needs to finish in the top six in the 27-lap race to secure his second world title. Stoner has topped every on-track session this weekend at the Island, and has won in Australia for the past four years.
Lorenzo’s team mate Spies received a hit to the head yesterday during the qualifying session after a high speed crash. After attempting to ride some laps in this morning’s warm up, the rider reached an agreement with team members that with reduced concentration attempting the race would be considered too dangerous for himself and other competitors.

They said marshals were looking for something on the track when Jorge was getting airlifted to Melbourne, then later team members were as well. Later it was found out they were looking for a piece of his finger .
By McLaren
What was this about Lorenzo's finger?

Fell off in the morning warm up.Injured his ring finger.He's lost the top of it but the bone is ok.So probably lost the nail.Having plastic surgery to cover it up.
By Frontrunner
Fantastic!! Stoner takes the title in 2011 :thumbup::clap: I really wanted Stoner to win the title on home soil like Doohan did many years ago for Repsol Honda, but I would of liked Lorenzo to be out there aswell, losing a bit of his finger, that must really suck. Nevertheless Stoner claims his 2nd title and i'm happy :D8-)

As for Moto2, Couldn't believe that Marquez got onto the podium :eek: I was hoping for Bradl to cash in today, Anyway Moto2 is looking like it is going right down to wire. :wavey:
By bud
How do you think the likes of stoner and pedrosa will handle the big 1000cc beasts front runner?
By Frontrunner
How do you think the likes of stoner and pedrosa will handle the big 1000cc beasts front runner?

The only Advantage for Dani is he is light weight. The 1000cc needs to be ''man-handled'' or ''muscled'' more than the 800cc bike which will be a disavantage for Dani. As for Casey, he will be just as good on the 1000, he has said he loves the power of the 1000 and his sliding style which is awesome to watch should go well.

So really the bigger frame riders will enjoy the 1000 more than the 800, So expected guys like Marco, Spies and Hayden to be better next season. whereas lighter riders would be better on the 800.
By Frontrunner
Also I notice BBC commentators talking about naming turn 3 at Phillip Island after Casey Stoner, I would be up for that. All the corners have names excepts for the fast turn 3. Watching Casey thru there on a bike is magical.
By racechick
Did they find his bit of finger?
By andrew
A seagull ate it before they found it. So I guess it wasn't all bad. Lorenzo's finger ended up in a bird. :hehe:

Distasteful but I cares not a jot! :D
By headless
Also I notice BBC commentators talking about naming turn 3 at Phillip Island after Casey Stoner, I would be up for that.

Well as long as you are happy then all is good.
By darwin dali
Also I notice BBC commentators talking about naming turn 3 at Phillip Island after Casey Stoner, I would be up for that.

Wow headless, haven't seen YOU in a while around this corner of the internet...
By headless

Wow headless, haven't seen YOU in a while around this corner of the internet...

Yeah, dunno, I just lost interest in arguing all the time with clueless people!
Plus I don't have as much spare time anymore...
By bud

as long as him being happy gets your approval, all is good also.

See our F1 related articles too!