FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By texasmr2
I have watched this stuff for years now and it's simply amazing and insane.

[youtube]AL58hUAGQu8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
By scotty
Seen footage of this sort of stuff before. People who do it must have screws loose and balls of steel! :hehe: The direction changes really are quite incredible.
Pretty crazy stuff!

How does he know which way to go? ( There camera man did not)
By texasmr2
Pretty crazy stuff! How does he know which way to go? ( There camera man did not)

Thats what confuses me aswell (kinda like a cone course) and yeah the camera man could not keep up with the instant direction changes :hehe: .
By Hammer278
If I'm not mistaken, its like rally, the co-driver assists the driver over radio.
By bud
this is pretty popular down here too, though when it comes to F1 of the boat world id say well F1 boats are the F1s on water :hehe:
[youtube]MQ7m4WcAR6A[/youtube]
By texasmr2
I'd love to know what the horsepower to weight ratio of that tin can with a V8 is!

Lets just say that it is amazing and must feel somewhat like a 500cc shifter kart. I found this info on Wiki and that boat is only a Class A :yikes: !!!

There are two internationally recognised classes:

Class A - Engines in Class A boats are restricted to either 6.7-litre (412 cubic inch) engines with cast iron blocks and heads or 6-litre (365 cubic inch) engines with aluminium heads. Both size engines are only allowed two pushrod operated valves per cylinder. Furthermore the engine must be normally aspirated, using a 4-barrel carburettor. Fuel is 100+ octane aviation fuel. Typically these engines produce up to 650 horsepower

Superboats - Engines in the superboat class have no maximum size but instead have a minimum size restriction. Normally aspirated engines must have a displacement of 6.5 litres (400 cubic inch) or while forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged) engines must be at least 3.8 litres (235 cubic inch) in displacement. These engines typically are fuel injected and run methanol fuel. The small-block engines typically produce 950+ horsepower, while the big blocks can typically produce between 1000 to 1400 horsepower.

this is pretty popular down here too, though when it comes to F1 of the boat world id say well F1 boats are the F1s on water :hehe:
[youtube]MQ7m4WcAR6A[/youtube]

Back in the '90s I worked with a guy who raced F1 boats and he had some insane stories and insight, very cool indeed :yes: .

See our F1 related articles too!