FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Gaz
Hamilton's brother to race in Clio Cup

Nick Hamilton, younger brother of 2008 Formula 1 world champion Lewis, will begin his own racing career this season in the UK Renault Clio Cup.

The 19-year-old, who has cerebral palsy, has agreed a deal with Total Control Racing - a multiple championship-winning team in the British Touring Car support category.

"I have loved motorsport from a young age and watching my brother achieve so much has given me inspiration to make my own racing debut," he said.

"I know this will not be an easy task, but I hope that my doing this will give inspiration to others who have challenges in their life. I can't wait to be racing."

Hamilton recently gained his National B race licence and has already tested a 2010-spec Clio Cup car.

His deal was brokered by his father Anthony, who said: "Nicolas has followed his brother's career from an early age and it was natural that he would want to get behind the wheel competitively himself.

"The Renault Clio Cup offers a tremendous platform for him, with great television coverage and exposure and I'm sure it will be highly enjoyable too."

I hope he does well and enjoys it.
By texasmr2
Thats Hammy's brother we always see in the garage right? If so that awesome and I also wish him the best aswell.

See our F1 related articles too!