FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Leob came out on top again. Ogier threw it away. :(

Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 3h53m17.0s
2. Mikko Hirvonen Ford + 1m38.4s
3. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford + 2m23.9s
4. Petter Solberg Solberg Citroen + 7m18.4s
5. Mads Ostberg Stobart Ford + 8m43.5s
6. Henning Solberg Stobart Ford + 9m50.0s
7. Nasser Al-Attiyah Barwa Ford + 13m21.5s
8. Martin Prokop Czech Ford + 13m35.0s
9. Juho Hanninen Red Bull Skoda + 14m48.7s
10. Federico Villagra Munchi's Ford + 48m17.2s

The power stage results:

1. Mikko Hirvonen Ford 4m40.4s
2. Petter Solberg Solberg Citroen + 2.1s
3. Sebastien Loeb Citroen + 2.1s
4. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford + 2.5s
5. Mads Ostberg Stobart Ford + 7.9s

Points standings now:

1. M. HIRVONEN - 46
2. S. LOEB - 37
3. J. LATVALA - 31
4. M. OSTBERG - 28
5. P. SOLBERG - 23
6. S. OGIER -15

For those of you who are curious. The power stage gives points. 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd.
I am so sick of Loeb and especially Citroen winning. Lucky Ogier crashed out. Otherwise it would of been a one-two for Citroen. By Ogier crashing out, Ford got more constructors points with a 2nd and 3rd place and Hirvonen minimised the damage to his lead by getting 2nd instead of 3rd.

The power stage results:

Points standings now:

1. M. HIRVONEN - 46
2. S. LOEB - 37
3. J. LATVALA - 31
4. M. OSTBERG - 28
5. P. SOLBERG - 23
6. S. OGIER -15

For those of you who are curious. The power stage gives points. 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd.
Annoys me a little when teams win over and over again. But then again when Schumi was 50 laps and counting infront of people in the 2k. I did not mind? Yet I am a hippercrit....
Annoys me a little when teams win over and over again. But then again when Schumi was 50 laps and counting infront of people in the 2k. I did not mind? Yet I am a hippercrit....

Same here. In other words it is ok if it is your team or driver winning. :hehe:
I am so sick of Loeb and especially Citroen winning. Lucky Ogier crashed out. Otherwise it would of been a one-two for Citroen. By Ogier crashing out, Ford got more constructors points with a 2nd and 3rd place and Hirvonen minimised the damage to his lead by getting 2nd instead of 3rd.

The power stage results:

Points standings now:

1. M. HIRVONEN - 46
2. S. LOEB - 37
3. J. LATVALA - 31
4. M. OSTBERG - 28
5. P. SOLBERG - 23
6. S. OGIER -15

I've only been following WRC for the last couple of years... is Loeb the Schumacher equivalent?!?! Man that guy is difficult to beat. For some reason I've found my sentimental favorite to be Solberg and I smile every time the name Jari-Matti Latvala is mentioned so I follow him as well.

Is a hippercrit... a cooler version of a hypocrite? :D
Yep, Loeb is just like Schumi in the WRC. 7 times. And 7 in a row. I like Solberg as well. I am not a Citroen fan but I love the character. I love when they interview him after a stage. He seems super exicited everytime. You cannot beat Solberg in this area. :hehe:

The power stage results:

Points standings now:

1. M. HIRVONEN - 46
2. S. LOEB - 37
3. J. LATVALA - 31
4. M. OSTBERG - 28
5. P. SOLBERG - 23
6. S. OGIER -15

I've only been following WRC for the last couple of years... is Loeb the Schumacher equivalent?!?! Man that guy is difficult to beat. For some reason I've found my sentimental favorite to be Solberg and I smile every time the name Jari-Matti Latvala is mentioned so I follow him as well.

Is a hippercrit... a cooler version of a hypocrite? :D

Bloody Mozilla screwing me over? No spell Check? I guess that's an add on ;)

Hippercrit is VB's own version ;)
So, looks like the Citroen is generally the quicker car. I hope Ford can make progress, cause Hirvonen looks quite strong and it'd be nice to have a real title fight... but at least Loeb will be gone by next season. :P

I'd love for Petter Solberg to win a race this year.

Thoughts on the power stage thus far? I think it's a pretty neat idea myself. :)

PS am merging all these WRC event threads into one big championship thread, it makes sense.
So, looks like the Citroen is generally the quicker car. I hope Ford can make progress, cause Hirvonen looks quite strong and it'd be nice to have a real title fight... but at least Loeb will be gone by next season. :P

To be honest the higher altitude never works for Ford. It hits their engines harder. I honestly think Ford have the better car.

I'd love for Petter Solberg to win a race this year.

:clap::thumbup:

Thoughts on the power stage thus far? I think it's a pretty neat idea myself. :)

Brilliant so far.

PS am merging all these WRC event threads into one big championship thread, it makes sense.

Ya cool. Defo not enough WRC posting activity to warrant a thread for each race. 8-)

To be honest the higher altitude never works for Ford. It hits their engines harder. I honestly think Ford have the better car.

I know Malcolm Wilson said they were down on power, but i'm sure i heard elsewhere that the Citroen has more grip on top of that. Can't remember where though, admittedly.

I meant to say before, i love these new gen cars, they look great.

I know Malcolm Wilson said they were down on power, but i'm sure i heard elsewhere that the Citroen has more grip on top of that. Can't remember where though, admittedly.

I meant to say before, i love these new gen cars, they look great.

I hope not. I would have assumed Ford's experience from IRC with the Fiesta meant they were on top of things.

I initially was disgusted at the new cars but they have grown on me. They are the ultimate pocket rockets. :hehe:
By scotty
Say, when are Mini actually entering their WRC cars? Wikipedia says we'll see a couple of S2000 entries in Portugal but i await the works cars and Sordo more eagerly...

See our F1 related articles too!