FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
The thing is Bathurst wasn't in the series many years ago, and that is the way it should be now. Winning Bathurst is a big enough incentive as it is without championship points and most drivers and fans agree that Bathurst shouldn't be involved in the Championship but just as a race where you give it your all to win. As for Bathurst being a Clipsal 500 or Sydney 500 format, there would be masssive outcry. Peter Brock would be turning in his grave if that happened.

This.
The thing is Bathurst wasn't in the series many years ago, and that is the way it should be now. Winning Bathurst is a big enough incentive as it is without championship points and most drivers and fans agree that Bathurst shouldn't be involved in the Championship but just as a race where you give it your all to win. As for Bathurst being a Clipsal 500 or Sydney 500 format, there would be masssive outcry. Peter Brock would be turning in his grave if that happened.

This.

:confused: what are you saying Big Azza

This.

:hehe:

I dunno - I've seen it on other forums. I'm trying to also get my post count up. I want a fancy title too. :thumbup:

I'm just saying that I completely agree with you and couldn't say better myself. :D

This.

:hehe:

I dunno - I've seen it on other forums. I'm trying to also get my post count up. I want a fancy title too. :thumbup:

I'm just saying that I completely agree with you and couldn't say better myself. :D

Didn't think that you agreed with what I said, If ya didn't, we could of both got our post count up :hehe:

Anyway I don't think any co-drivers for the frontrunning teams will destroy there fellow driver's championship chances at Bathurst as much but the Gold Coast 600, it could make or break the championship for either one of Triple 8 drivers if the international driver goes and puts it in the wall. Anyway first focus on Bathurst and will see if the co-drivers don't screw it up for the championship contenders. I still have a Question over Whincup's co-driver Andrew Thompson though.
Always good to see the factory team for Holden win Bathurst. :clap::thumbup: And now Lowndes takes over the top of the Championship after Whincup's bad luck with his alternator issues, Whincup was looking good for the win there at one stage before his problems. Anyway good finish to the race with Tander and Lowndes, really close at the end, thrilling! :clap:
Jamie whincup is on top of the standings again after a great performance in the 2 weekend gold coast 600 races

Yeah and his driver partner Sebastien Bordais got the Dan Wheldon memorial trophy, (For those who don't know as a lot of the international drivers were from IRL the trophy was implemented by V8SC as a sign of respect) Seb was pretty emotional when receiving it. :(

See our F1 related articles too!