FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Well who else is gunna challenge?

FPR? haha please. They will be a team that's always coming 2nd and 3rd and have no sucess. Always have, always will. They make silly errors always. That will never change. Each year for ages now they've said they're going to work on improving those errors but they never have.

HRT? If anyone would challenge it would be them....but they just dont have the speed compared to the 888 cars

SBR? Way too inconsistent

DJR? They don't have a top line driver to do what they did last year

BJR? A few good results here and there....but the championship, god no

KRT? Same as above

GRM? Same as above

The only person who'll come close to beating Whincup is his team-mate......

Still a long way to go in the championship yet Oz but I can see your concern. It does look like Whincup can afford to bin it once or twice and still walk away with championship. But lets wait after the endurance races where anything can and will happen. Hopefully Toll HRT can up there game and make up that lost ground to Whincup. I would hate to see Whincup walk away with the title.
I hope he does :hehe:

It wouldn't bother me if Whincup wins the title. What I was meant to say in my previous post is that I just don't want Whincup to have it all easy. Perhaps Lowndes can make him work for it, or any other Holden driver would be nice. :thumbup:
No F1 or MotoGP this weekend, thank goodness the V8s are on this weekend to give me a motorsport buzz.
Amazing result for the saturday race at Hidden Valley, didn't see that one coming.

The top 3 guys up front tripping over themselves into turn 1, those drivers will be devo, especially Winterbottom who look to have Whincup under control and looked good for the win. Anyway good to see Rick Kelly pick up the pieces for a lucky win. I wonder if there will be any penalty for Winterbottom or Whincup for the messy SC restart that cost them both 1st and 2nd at the time.

Another crappy saturday for Toll HRT :rolleyes: but normally they fight back well on the sunday , HRT have got to stop making a habit of this and start being competive for both days instead of just sunday
spewing for Whincup, that SC ruined his race.

I was spewing for Holdsworth in 2nd at the time.

I don't really like how they mix the soft and hard tyres in the same race, too much difference between the 2 compounds for my liking and then we see drivers getting caught out badly like Whincup and Holdsworth at no fault of there own. I think thats the only race in the season where the drivers must use both compounds in the race, just like F1. All the others races from here are either a soft tyre race or a hard tyre race. If it was a normal race whincup would of kill his rivals. Well atleast Lowndes is a bit more closer to whincup now to make it a little interesting championship wise.
Van Gissy did some nice drifting on the in lap though hey? :hehe: Not sure the team would like him thrashing the engine around like that.

:hehe: that was awesome!! :thumbup:

He is a superb driver anyway! ;)

and he is only going to get better and better. gives something for the kiwis to cheer about.
Van Gissy did some nice drifting on the in lap though hey? :hehe: Not sure the team would like him thrashing the engine around like that.

:hehe: that was awesome!! :thumbup:

He is a superb driver anyway! ;)

and he is only going to get better and better. gives something for the kiwis to cheer about.

Could Van Gisbergan be a Formula One driver in future?

I watched my first V8 race in a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I used to really love it when I was a kid, but it's been very hard to make time for it in the middle of the day. Formula One helps me there because it's often on at stupid o'clock at night. Good to even see Murph back in the fight. I used to support him when I was in school. I'll have to watch a few more races before I see who I think is the best driver out there (or who has the best talent).
Doubt it, whith the V8s, a touring car series as the highest form of motoracing in Australia and New Zealand, it's hard for sn antipodean to make it in F1 unless they go to Europe in their teens. Or over to the US if that fails like Power Briscoe and Dixon.

Did he almost stack it into pit-wall just before coming into the pit lane, or was that a an intentional final spin?

Either way, they certainly gobbled up Whincup on the restart.
V8 supercars has announced it will be racing aussie V8SC at the Circuit of the Americas in Texas with a 5 year deal starting in 2013. Not to sure that the Americans will take to the Australian Championship, but everytime they try to send V8SC overseas it doesn't really take off, China, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi didn't really pull the crowds in. Anyway very interesting and will wait and see how it goes in 2013.

See our F1 related articles too!