FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By texasmr2
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=42715

That looks pretty nice!

SWEET :thumbup: and yes it does look great and hopefully McLaren will move up to GT2 and compete against their arch nemesis Ferrari in the 458 GT2. Things are looking up :yes: .
By myownalias
I wonder if McLaren can emulate the success for the McLaren F1?

The MP4-12C doesn't seem to be in the same category as the F1, it's more a long distance cruiser than a out and out supercar!
By texasmr2
Great video :thumbup: !

I wonder if McLaren can emulate the success for the McLaren F1?

The MP4-12C doesn't seem to be in the same category as the F1, it's more a long distance cruiser than a out and out supercar!

I think your right simply for the fact that it is a McLaren road car and not a super limited production racecar like the F1 was, I thinks it's fantastic that they are racing it :yes: .
By bud
Awesome news and awesome vid :thumbup:

And hey the F1 wasn't a production racecar it was a roadcar, you can see in the vid The GTR variant which was the racecar Version which raced in Le mans
By scotty
Cool. Gutted they're not gonna do GT2 though, i would have thought that was the ideal category for that car.
By texasmr2
Cool. Gutted they're not gonna do GT2 though, i would have thought that was the ideal category for that car.

One or two years to development is what they need so GT3 is the best starting point for them I believe. Heck a few teams will still be running the F430 in GT2 because it has had sufficient development and is a proven race winner. I have no doubts that McLaren will step into GT2 eventually and man oh man I cannot wait to see that pretty lady on the track :cloud9: .
By texasmr2
Just alittle more info concerning the McLarens entry into the Euro FIA GT3 series since Gaz had mentioned something previously about the McLarens 'brake steer' tech. I have been speaking with a pro-driver and driving coach who knows both series well and he said this;

"Nope, not allowed. At least any more than what the diff-coast setting would permit in achieving the stated aim of the road car system "braking the inside wheel to help spin the car into a turn".

Most advanced road car features peculiar to that car would not be permitted, just like the road car "Air Brake" moveable device would not allowed."

Just thought I would carry on the subject as it is very interesting. :)

See our F1 related articles too!