FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By F1FanUSA
I really love WRC but it’s not available from my cable provider so very hard to follow here. I hope they add the channel by next season... Better yet SPEED Tv should just pick it back up!
I used to love watching WRC but it has lost it's sparkle for me since many of the major manufacturers pulled out of the sport, plus there isn't any star British talent in WRC anymore now that Richard Burns and Colin McRae has passed, R.I.P! Although saying that I haven't followed it this year so things might have changed!
I used to love watching WRC but it has lost it's sparkle for me since many of the major manufacturers pulled out of the sport, plus there isn't any star British talent in WRC anymore now that Richard Burns and Colin McRae has passed, R.I.P! Although saying that I haven't followed it this year so things might have changed!

So, there has to be some Brit in it for you to be interested?
I prefer Rally America because i recognize the drivers names.

All the TV coverage i have seen here in the states is more like highlights,

it would be pretty hard to cover the whole race

Edit: it is on some obscure channel, not speedtv

It helps,yes! but not absolutely, I supported Carlos Sainz as well as McRae/Burns but I do happen to be patriotic and I make no apologies for that!!! :P

It helps,yes! but not absolutely, I supported Carlos Sainz as well as McRae/Burns but I do happen to be patriotic and I make no apologies for that!!! :P

Well then you are in the right country I suppose. Here the ostentatious patriotism quite often makes me gag :rolleyes:

Well then you are in the right country I suppose. Here the ostentatious patriotism quite often makes me gag :rolleyes:

I'm patriotic when it comes to sport; not very patriotic when it comes to the British governments decisions in the last 10 years, anyway, back on topic!
I'm a big fan of Ken Block and Kimi Raikkonen. I also love watching the two Frenchman battle (Loeb and Ogier). Right now the only way I can see the races is by downloading them via torrent. Unfortunately I can’t find them until a few weeks after each race which takes a lot of the fun out of it. Still I have probably watched 70% of this year’s races. And yeah Stig they are recap shows from the BBC but still are very enjoyable.

I love WRC and if it was on a chan I could record on my DVR I would watch every single race, like I already do for F1. ;)
By scotty
I try and catch the highlights whenever i can on Dave. I especially like Hirvonen (and Block and Raikkonen but that's more to do with their actions outside of WRC), but really i admire them all - ballsiest and best drivers on the planet in my opinion.
I prefer Rally America because i recognize the drivers names.

All the TV coverage i have seen here in the states is more like highlights,

it would be pretty hard to cover the whole race

Edit: it is on some obscure channel, not speedtv

The station that has Rally coverage is History International, saw the commercial a few minutes ago
Man I wish the Rally coverage was like it was 20+yr's ago. :(

SPEED thinks we don't care about anything but NASCAR. :irked:
I try and catch the highlights whenever i can on Dave. I especially like Hirvonen (and Block and Raikkonen but that's more to do with their actions outside of WRC), but really i admire them all - ballsiest and best drivers on the planet in my opinion.

I try and catch up as often as I can on dave as well. It's not as in depth as I would of liked but it's great to watch.

I wish rally drivers were better well known because like you said they are some of the best in the world.
I wish the WRC would bring back something along the lines of the GP Masters with all the Group B cars, that would be amazing.
I'm a big WRC fan. Don't miss a stage from the official website radio coverage if I can help it and then catch the highlights afterwards from MotorsTV.

I have to say though these new regs coming in for this season are strange.

They have really sized down the cars.

Citreon DS3 WRC Spec:
[youtube]_bCBXth4xuk[/youtube]

Ford Fiesta WRC Spec:
[youtube]JU-Iq7-z7pM[/youtube]

Mini WRC Spec:
[youtube]1Hunk1iBGC0[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!