FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By bud
Actually turned out to be a very boring race. Probaley one of the worse Bathurst races ever.

Think you found it was boring because it was a Holden locked out podium :P
By texasmr2
Watching the rerun now and WOW what an awesome track , I would love to see an F1 race run there.
By Big Azza
It's one of the best - if you could somehow get your hands on a V8 Supercars game you get to drive around it - the only reason why I bought it. :cloud9:

In my opinion it's one of the best tracks in the world, doubt we could see F1 there - it's way too bumpy, from recent memory it also seems to have a high fatality rate, so by FIA standards it's not safe.

However, it would be awesome to see FIA GT Cars tearing around Mount Panorama.... :cloud9: Or have the Le Mans cars come and do a 12 hour race maybe... :D
By hounddub
Azza, you evidently haven't been to Mt Panorama in recent years. Since it's resurface the track has eliminated most of the bumps.

Secondly, F1 could never race there due to need to drastically change the safety precautions across the top of the mountain....this is why the traditional Easter weekend motorcycle races were cancelled in the 1980's. Open wheel cars(Formula classes) have never been keen on running there for the same reasons.

But...I agree, FIA GT would be great. Remember that the Bathurst 24 hour race was an internationally sanctioned event by the FIA.

For those of you who are not for Australia...I assure you that the V8's noise around this place is amazing!
By texasmr2
Accidently fell asleep during the race due to a belly full of barbq :(:hehe: but wow that place is amazing imo.

See our F1 related articles too!