FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By The Oz
THE GRID (11-31)
31. #8. Jason Richards/Andrew Jones (Team BOC/Brad Jones Racing/Holden)
Were on the pace and at the pointy end in Practise but a late crash in Practise ment they'd miss qualifying. But they're still a major threat. It doesn't matter where you start here, because if you have been going as well as these blokes have, you'll find your way through the field and be there for those crucial final 30 laps

30. #27. Damian Assaillit/Ant Pedserson (Fujitsu Racing/MW Motorsport/Ford)
A wildcard entry. But these guys performed super well at Phillip Island. Only finished a lap behind the field. If they can keep it strait and avoid trouble a Top 15 isn't beynond them but will need a number of DNF's. Good successful development series team is running this entry aswell.

29. #44. Geoff Emery/Marcus Zukanovic (National Directory Distribution/Greg Murphy Racing/Holden)
This team is run by the Murphy family. They've gone very well in the Development Series this year but the step-up to the main game is massive. Top 15 not beyond them. But they'll need to keep it clean and strait and hope for a lot of DNF's. But they're chances are better now with respected driver Marcus Zukanovic taking over from Rob Salmon who drove in Practise on Thursday. After a crash and very slow lap times. Rob realised that he wasn't up to it and handed it over to Marcus who drive with this wildcard entry last round.

28. #16. Tony Ricciardello/Taz Douglas (Stratco Racing/Kelly Racing/Holden)
The slowest of the regular cars and Tony is only driving it because of his wallet. But Ricciardello was a co-driver in this car last year and he managed to get it into the Top 10 until a late race crash. Taz Douglas probaley the highest profile "no-name" if you will. He won $75,000 Australian dollars on a gaming show which not many people no about. But he has also suffered some tough times with being diagnosed with Burkitt’s Lymphoma earlier in the year. I think Tony might stuggle to keep up with his co-driver Taz.

27. #7. Todd Kelly/Dale Wood (Jack Dainels Racing/Kelly Racing/Holden
They were never going to be super quick these enduros. Todd is past his best and Dale Wood isn't exactly the best driver. But Dale is also afulltime member of the team and knows how it runs. All 4 cars in this team are a tight bunch but for these guys they'll be aiming Top 10.

26. #30. Nathan Pretty/Mark Noske (Gulf Western Oils Racing/Lucas Dumbrell Racing/Holden
The only regular entry that doesn't have a full time driver in it after the team parted ways with the teams regular driver Daniel Gaunt a few months ago. It is unknown who'll race in the remaining races but never the less these 2 will give it a crack. Capable of a Top 10

25. #47. Tim Slade/Jack Perkins (Wilson Security Racing/James Rosenberg Racing/Stone Brothers Racing/Ford
Made the Top 5 in Phillip Island but don't seem to be on the pace this weekend when they are capable. Another top 5 looks beyond them but they'll want a Top 10 this weekend

24. #10. Andrew Thompson/Ryan Briscoe (Bundaberg Red Racing/Walkinshaw Performace/Holden)
Ryan has proven himself in these cars before and he will be getting practise in for when he partners Will Davison in the Gold Coast 600 event. Won't expect too much though as Andrew Thomspon is only here because of his wallet.

23. #12. Dean Fiore/Michael Patrizi (Bing Lee-Panasonic Racing/Triple F Racing/Ford)
The smallest team in the field but yet they go very well. Both good drivers. I tell you what they could be just outside the Top 5. Watch Out!

22. #21. Karl Reindler/David Wall (Fair Dinkum Sheds Racing/Britek Motorsport/Brad Jones Racing/Holden)
Capable of a top 10 and they seem to be going well but they won't do anything amazing

21.#24. Fabian Coulthard/Craig Baird (Bundaberg Red Racing/Walkinshaw Performace/Holden)
A podium chance if the team gets the car right. Both very good drivers. But I think they'll get a Top 10 if they finish....maybe Top 5 with a bit of luck

20. #3. Tony D'Alberto/Shane Price (Centaur Racing/Tony D'Alberto Racing/Holden)
another small team that has gotten FANTASTIC results this year. The team will be very dissapointed if they don't get a Top 10. A decent chance for a Top 5 aswell. Podium? You never know.

19. #11. Jason Bargwanna/Glenn Seton (ROCK Racing/Kelly Racing/Holden)
Bargwanna showed some great speed in the Qualifying races at Phillip Island and Touring Car legend, Gleen Seton,struggled. But Seton seems up to speed with the car now. If the car is good then these guys could challenge for Top 5 but if they finished they'd probaley finish just inside the Top 10. This could sadly be Glenn Seton's last Bathurst aswell.

18. #4. Alex Davison/David Brabham (IRWIN Racing/Stone Brothers Racing/Ford)
Alex has been off pace this year. But hopefully enduro expert David Brabham can change that. These guys could finish inside the Top 10 but it's hard to see them finish inside the top 5.

17. #19. Jonathon Webb/David Russell (Mother Racing/Tenko Autosports/sausage Johnson Racing/Ford)
Webb has had some great results this year. These guys finished 6th at Phillip Island and they'll be looking to even finish on the podium. Very good chance of a podium.

16. #39. Russell Ingall/Paul Morris (Supercheap Auto Racing/Paul Morris Motorsport/Holden)
"The Enforcer" and "The Dude".....what a great combo. If you give these guys stick they'll come back and give it to you 100 times worse. They want a win but I can't see that happening. But a good podium chance.

15. #34. Michael Caruso/Greg Ritter (Fujitsu Racing/Garry Rogers Motorsport/Holden)
Caruso got a podium last year and Greg Ritter almost won the race unil an ill time safety car end his chances along with Skaife/Murphy. These guys are a good podium chance but they'll need some of the big cars to suffer some bad luck,

14. #6. Steven Richards/James Moffat (Dunlop Super Dealer Team/Ford Performance Racing/Ford)
The sons of Jim Richards and Allan Moffat together who were 2 of the greats. Steven Richards has been past it for years though and James is an up and comer. But the nerves got to James at Phillip Island and he made a lot of errors. But he can redeem himself here. An unlikely chance at a podium but you never know.

13. #9. Shane Van Gisbergen/John McIntyre (SP Tools Racing/Stone Brothers Racing/Ford)
The Giz, along with SBR are struggling this weekend. If he has had a good car he'd be a chance at the win but at with the car has it's hard to seem him on the podium.

12. #7. Rick Kelly/Owen Kelly (Jack Dainels Racing/Kelly Racing/Holden)
Despite the name they're not brothers. Although Rick would have loved to win Bathurst with his brother, but with the new co-driver rules it is unlikely ever to happen now. A chance of victory but the car doesn't seem like what it was at Phillip Island. It's hard to win here with a car that isn't great.

11. #17. Steve Johnson/Marcus Marshall (Jim Beam Racing/sausage Johnson Racing/Ford)
They've got a great car under their belt. But Steve is loooooooooong past his best. His team mate is 1st in the series but he is only 12th. Only reason he has a drive is because his Dad runs the team. Could probaley make the Top 5 if things went their way. But they'll be no-where has quick as the other Jim Beam car.
By The Oz
Development Series Report
David Russell wins the Development Series (or the Fujitsu Series) round. He won Pole and won the first race which was 12 Laps and he won the 2nd Race which was 14 Laps. David Russell will partner Jonathon Webb in the #19 Mother Racing car for the big race on Sunday.

James Moffat comes 2nd for the round after coming 4th and then 2nd in today's race. He comes 2nd for the Round and he will partner Steven Richards in the #6 Dunlop Super Dealer Car for Ford Performace Racing.

Nick Percat comes 3rd for the round. He came 5th in Race 1 and 3rd in Race 2. But was lucky to get the podium as Paul Morris was set to come 2nd in the round before his car slowed right down and then stopped on the final lap. Nick raced with Andrew Thomspon in Phillip Island Race as Ryan Briscoe could not make it. But Ryan is here this weekend so Nick does not get to race in the main race.

As mention Paul Morris was set to take 2nd place overall but had a car failure on the last lap. He will drive with Russell Ingall on Sunday in the #39 Supercheap Auto Racing car

Chaz Mostert making his debut in a v8 supercar came 4th overall this weekend which is a great effort!!!! Will be a star of the future.

Geoff Emery & Marcus Zukanovic (Who are racing together in a wildcard for the Big Race) finished 5th and 9th for the weekend. Geoff had a great weekend. They'll race in a #44 car prepped by Greg Murphy Racing.

Last round winner, Tim Blanchard had a bad weekend by his standards this weekend finishing 8th overall. He drove with Greg Murphy in Phillip Island as a replacement for Yvan Muller who had a date clash.And Allan Simonsen couldn't make it so Blanchard got the gig. Allan Simonsen is racing with Greg Murphy this weekend in the #51 Castrol Edge car.

Finally Steve Owen (who is partnering defending v8 supercar champion, Jamie Whincup, in the Great Race on Sunday). The guy has a massive lead in this series but this weekend he has a bad weekend. For the first time he didn't get pole and he finished 2nd in the first race. However early on in the 2nd race he has brake issues and ended up 17th. But he'd be nice and focues for Sunday and trying to help Jamie whincup, in the #1 Team Vodafone car, win the race.
By texasmr2
Crap I have to wait until next sunday for SPEED to air the race so I'll see ya in a week :hehe: .
By The Oz
Crap I have to wait until next sunday for SPEED to air the race so I'll see ya in a week :hehe: .

I'm sure it'll be online somewhere. How about justintv?

TOP 10 SHOOTOUT RESULTS
1. Winterbottom (Sector 1 - 51:8698/Sector 2 - 1:25:9166/LAP TIME - 2:07:5377)
2. Lowndes (Sector 1 - 51:9881/Sector 2 - 1:26:1679/LAP TIME - 2:07:6201)
3. Whincup (Sector 1 - 52:0045/Sector 2 - 1:26:287/LAP TIME - 2:07:7226)
4. Holdsworth (Sector 1 - 51:9555/Sector 2 - 1:26:1749/LAP TIME - 2:07:7684)
5. Tander (Sector 1 - 52:0363/Sector 2 - 1:26:2798/LAP TIME - 2:07:8489)
6. W.Davison (Sector 1 - 52:1019/Sector 2 - 1:26:4240/LAP TIME - 2:08:0379)
7. Courtney (Sector 1 - 51:9833/Sector 2 - 1:26:3830/LAP TIME - 2:08:1665)
8. Bright (Sector 1 - 52:1433/Sector 2 - 1:26:6248/LAP TIME - 2:08:3979)
9. Murphy (Sector 1 - 52:3688/Sector 2 - 1:26:8574/LAP TIME - 2:08:7361)
10. Dumbrell (Sector 1 - 52:5792/Sector 2 - 1:27:0261/LAP TIME - 2:08:9597)

FORD ON POLE!!!! YEAH!!!
--------
What have we learned from the Shootout?
We've learned that there are 7 big contenders.

Winterbottom/Youlden
Lowndes/Skaife
Whincup/Owen
Holdsworth/Besnard
Tander/McConville
W.Davison/Reynolds
Courtney/Luff

DJR stuggled to find a quali setup but JC said that the basically did the shootout lap with a race setup. So if thats what they can do during the race then they are a BIG chance.

My tips:
1. Courtney/Luff
2. Winterbottom/Youlden
3. Holdsworth/Besnard
4. R.Kelly/O.Kelly
5. Lowndes/Skaife
By The Oz
Team Vodafone 2nd 3rd on the grid! Perfect for an enduro!

Good start for them.....but you'd hope they dont get in each others way. Because it has happend abit recently with those final laps at PI and during Craig's hotlap in Quali
By The Oz
THE GRID (1-10)
10. #55. Paul Dumbrell/Dean Canto (Bottle-O Racing/Rod Nash Racing/Ford Performance Racing/Ford)
Good combo. Both have speed and showed it at PI. A podium isn't beyond these 2.

9. #51. Greg Murphy/Allan Simonsen (Castrol Edge Racing/Paul Morris Motorsport/Holden)
Love him or hate him. Either way you've got to admit Murphy is always a good shot at the mountain. A win might be beyond him but a podium isn't

8. #14. Jason Bright/Matt Halliday (Trading Post Racing/Brad Jones Racing/Holden)
Got a provinsional pole yesteday. But is somewhere you'd expect him today. I've got a feeling they won't have a great race tomorrow. But Top 5 is a possibility.

7. #18. James Courtney/Warren Luff (Jim Beam Raicng/sausage Johnson Racing/Ford)
JAMES COURTNEY!!!! I'll try and keep this as non-bias as possible because he is my favourite!!!!!!!!! They struggled to find a good Quaifying setup but a good race one. So for the shootout they basically used a race setup and got a 2:08:1 which is very good in a race. JC loves this place with podiums in 2006,2007 and 2008 and could have well got one last year if it wasn't for bad luck. Will be up there tomorrow. A Good chance of a victory. A VERY good chance of victory.

6. #22. Will Davison/David Reynolds (Toll Holden Racing Team/Walkinshaw Racing/Holden)
Both great. Reynolds is a fantastic co-driver. And WDavo is good. But the #22 has a had a bad year. He could well get a victory but I got a feeling his bad luck will continue.

5. #2. Garth Tander/Cameron McConville (Toll Holden Racing Team/Walkinshaw Racing/Holden)
Both very good drivers. And have driven together before. But will the competition be simpley too strong? They can win but they'll need luck

4. #33. Lee Holdsworth/David Besnard (Fujitsu Racing/Garry Rogers Motorsport/Holden)
Lee is a fantastic young driver. Surely a v8 champion within the next 10 years? David is a fantastic enduro driver. Podiums in 2007+2008. And Lee got a podium last year aswell. I'll tell you this.These guys will give it a serious crack tomorrow.

3. #1. Jamie Whincup/Steve Owen (Team Vodafone/Holden)
Jamie has had fantastic results eve rsince 2005. 2nd (With Jason Richards)/1st/1st/1st/5th. However he was seen as a more of a "co-driver" in those races. How will he handle the mountain without Lowndes? Plus he has had it good here forever. Surely a bad result is on the way? Both drivers are very good. But Jamie has been under a lot of pressure and he is down abit in the championship. Many people think the pressure will get to Steve Owen.....but I think it might be the other way round.

2. #888. Craig Lowndes/Mark Skaife (Team Vodafone/Holden)
Both are good expirenced drivers. Both love Bathurst and are basically the perfect combo. The only thing that will stop these guys is bad luck. IMO they are the favourites for the race.

POLE POSITION. #5. Mark Winterbottom/Luke Youlden (Orrcon Racing/Ford Performance Racing/Ford
Pole means nothing here. But you can sleep a lot easier knowing you have it. Youlden is a great co-driver. And Winterbottom is a great driver. But FPR have a very bad record at Bathurst......can they break the brought. Well we'll have to wait...won't we?
By bud
Bad result on its way for Whincup? yes maybe for this race but how many bad results has he had due to Mech failures while in the lead this season? He is due for some good luck in my books :wink:
By hounddub
Hey Bud.....do you think "The Oz" is a Ford supporter?

After the shootout today I'll say that 888 Racing and HRT looked very strong. FPR have no quality of results at Bathurst (like Stone Brothers).... in fact, the best Ford team from the past 5 years is now a Holden team!

Remember that Winterbottom had pole in 2007 but just didn't deliver in the race. Would be great to see Courtney have a crack....since he's likely to be in a red shirt next year.

Lowndes and Skaife for me.
By The Oz

After the shootout today I'll say that 888 Racing and HRT looked very strong. FPR have no quality of results at Bathurst (like Stone Brothers).... in fact, the best Ford team from the past 5 years is now a Holden team!

Remember that Winterbottom had pole in 2007 but just didn't deliver in the race. Would be great to see Courtney have a crack....since he's likely to be in a red shirt next year.

Love Ford! But you were actually sucked into the JC to HRT rumors? :rofl: Think of this like Chinese Whipsers.
*It started after Charlie wants to sell his 50% share to DJR
*It is ASSUMED there was a disagreement between sausage Johnson and Charlie about Steven Johnson
*Then all of a sudden DJR are at breakpoint? ........okay
*Then it was ASSUMED since DJR are "about to crack" JC might leave
*Then it is ASSUMED that JC will leave.
*Then it is ASSUMED if he would leave he would head to HRT and not the #6 FPR car.

JC will not be leaving DJR espically Ford. DJR are not at breaking point. All that has happened was the Charlie suggested that they part ways with Steven Johnson (JC 1st, SJ 12th in the championship) and sausage+Charlie had a blue about it. Dont listen to the media because they just snowballed it. Something small has become something big (which it actually hasn't)
By hounddub

Think my prediction was right!
By Herbs
Apart from Fabian Coulthard's epic roll down by the chase, it wasn't actually that exciting really, bits of good racing but I've seen better.

See our F1 related articles too!