FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Wow! Oreca and Highcroft beat the factory teams! Great job! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Wow! Oreca and Highcroft beat the factory teams! Great job! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You beat me to it! I was going to note that Peugeot wins... but not the factory team! And I got to see it all on a 6 inch by 4 inch window on my computer :banghead:

Today there's a 1.5 hour recap on ABC so I'll watch that, but man it's frustrating that the premier sports car race on this continent is not even televised. Although it's remarkable to see how much life there is still in the Audi's R15 design, it's clear that they won't be competing for wins again until we get to see the R18.
Yeah that recap sucked (better than nothing though) compare to being glued to the tv for 12hr's.
Agreed.

I suppose the only option for televised Sports Car racing in America, is now just Grand Am, and Continental Sports Car Challenge, and the rare occasions when Speed decides to air DTM, and BTCC.
ESPN3 exists only as online streamed content. ESPN2 will show it but delayed... like you said tomorrow. I can't fooking belive the downward spiral that it's taken this year, I've no clue how they're ever going to expand the viewing audience and fan base that way.

At least SPEED last year had the races real time.
The coverage was not bad and WOW what a race it was with constant banging and spin's. The Aston was untouchable and I like the underdog I4T of the Dyson aswell, good stuff overall. :)
Lazy Sunday afternoon, for those of us stateside, the Baltimore GP, will be televised on your ABC affiliate. Listed at 4 to 6 eastern, but check your listing. :D
I've been meaning to post this up for discussion and I always keep forgetting, due to an immediate involuntary facepalm reaction.

The unique DeltaWing Le Mans sportscar that will make its debut at next year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans will tackle the world’s greatest endurance race on Michelin tires.

The Highcroft Racing-run entry was announced by the Automobile Club d’Ouest in June as the successful applicant to occupy “Garage 56” for 2012 – the additional entry reserved for new and unique automotive technologies.

The DeltaWing sportscar concept was unveiled today at Road Atlanta as the world’s biggest sportscar teams prepared for the final round of the 2011 American Le Mans Series – the 10 hour/1000 mile Petit Le Mans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not only F1 but ALMS kicks off this weekend as well. Here's a link to Nissan's delta wing... :rolleyes: difficult to get behind this concept.

[youtube]BfKlwr3TDYs[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!