FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By 7UpJordan
Selcouth will like this - Mat Jackson signs for Motorbase:

I wonder where the Airwaves livery has gone? I took a liking to Motorbase last year, their cars had the best livery, and they had some girls dishing out heaps of free Airwaves gum when I went to the Croft round, and still had plenty leftover for Silverstone the following weekend. :yes:
By RA Dunk
Yah I watched a few of those '09 BTCC races and the US Grand Am series does not hold a candle to the BTCC, BTCC rocks!!!!! :clap::thumbup:

Proper nose to tail stuff, the way racing should be IMO ;)
By What's Burning?
Yah I watched a few of those '09 BTCC races and the US Grand Am series does not hold a candle to the BTCC, BTCC rocks!!!!! :clap::thumbup:

Would get very expensive with carbon fiber noses and tails!
By texasmr2

Lets keep this about the joy of racing without sounding like a team principle who is worried about cost :wink: .
By What's Burning?

Lets keep this about the joy of racing without sounding like a team principle who is worried about cost :wink: .

Is my age showing?
By texasmr2

Is my age showing?

Depends on your age :wink: .
By Jamie
I would watch it, on an on-off Sunday when bored i do have it in the background while washing up or something......Just not enough going on in the sport really....
By Selcouth_Feline
Just not enough going on in the sport really....

Personally, I find the races more interesting than most F1 races :eek: Having said that, I do tend to just record the entire day and then end up watching in the afternoon, fast forwarding most of the waffle and boring races :)
By scotty

Personally, I find the races more interesting than most F1 races :eek:

Yeah, i don't see how anyone could honestly say otherwise (unless it's an epic wet F1 race obviously)... :confused:
By 7UpJordan

Personally, I find the races more interesting than most F1 races :eek:

The best parts are when Matt Neal gets a taste of his own medicine. :twisted:

Usually from Plato as well. :D
By 7UpJordan
1 week to go, should be great fun to watch after the Malaysian GP. :thumbup:
By Selcouth_Feline
The best parts are when Matt Neal gets a taste of his own medicine. :twisted:

Usually from Plato as well. :D

:yes: Or Collard. He has a tendency to tangle too. I suspect there may be quite a bit of mid-field tangling between him and Neal again this season :D
By EwanM
Great news:

Giovanardi seals late Triple 8 deal

By Jamie O'Leary Friday, April 2nd 2010, 11:11 GMT

Fabrizio GiovanardiFabrizio Giovanardi will race in the opening round of the British Touring Car Championship at Thruxton this weekend after signing a last-minute deal with Triple 8 Engineering.

The 2007 and '08 champion had been left driveless after Vauxhall withdrew from the BTCC at the end of last year, but will now race a Vectra for Triple 8 alongside Phil Glew.

"I'm delighted to have Fabrizio back in the team," Triple 8 team principal Ian Harrison told AUTOSPORT. "He's an absolute class act, as we've found out over the last four years.

"He's had very little mileage, just three miles going up and down the runway at Turweston Aerodrome on Thursday, but I think he can probably remember which way Thruxton goes.

"We're coming at this weekend from the point of view that we haven't done much running."

Giovanardi, 43, has raced for Triple 8 since 2006 and won 22 races in that time, although this will be the first time his entry has not carried Vauxhall works status.

The deal is currently for Thruxton only, although Harrison hopes to extend it to include further rounds.

"It's a work in progress," he added.

See our F1 related articles too!