FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By bud
lucky..... :P

15/16 races he has finished in the Top 7.........your right Whincup is "lucky" the gap isn't even bigger :D

Na lucky Whincup broke down whilst leading race 2.
Whincups won more races and isnt leading. Like the year Rick Kelly won, he only won what 2 races? think they should look at the points system its not giving enough for a win.
By The Oz
lucky..... :P

15/16 races he has finished in the Top 7.........your right Whincup is "lucky" the gap isn't even bigger :D

Na lucky Whincup broke down whilst leading race 2.
Whincups won more races and isnt leading. Like the year Rick Kelly won, he only won what 2 races? think they should look at the points system its not giving enough for a win.

Mate is by far the most fair system is the world. When Courtney has bad days he still manages to bring it home in 5th/6th/7th but when JW has bad days is righ down the order. To win a championship you've got to be good on your bad days and JW isnt
By The Oz
Phillip Island 500 today. Whincup/Owen will start from POLE ahead of Rick+Owen Kelly and James Courtney+Warren Luff.

Fortunately the stupid little Qualifying format for this weekend didn't affect the championship too much. Whincup only gains 9 points on Courtney
By The Oz
Going into Homebush this weekend. It's a 2 way fight between Courtney and Whincup, Winterbottom still a chance but he has to hope for Courtney and Whincup to fall of the track. Courtney has a 53 point lead over Whincup and a 203 point lead of Winterbottom. If JC finishes on the podium in both races he'll clinch the title. Race 25 is on Saturday and is 250km and Race 26 is on Sunday which is 250km. A 150 points for a win in a race. 300 points on offer. It's anyones game!
By The Oz
What a race today!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtney, Whincup and Winterbottom were all pushing each other so hard none of their teams wanted to blink and the drivers all wanted wets and they were told to stay out and then they all crash out at the same corner at the same time along with half the field! Jono Webb started the lap in 14th place but 1 lap later he was first and ended up winning from Jason Bright and Rick Kelly. Once the contenders crashed it was a battle back to pitlane to get the cars all fixed because they all had SERIOUS damage! You get points for just finishing in this series. DJR (Courtney's team) got Courtney out first with only a handful of laps to go. The car was a wreck and pretty much undriveable when they got it out.....but they still got home in 15th (Out of 29. Heaps of cars crashed! They were a lot of laps behind the winner aswell) and collected 60 points. Team Vodafone got Whincup out. But he had to complete a lap time of less than 200% of the winners best lap time (So about a lap of 3 mins). But they only got Whincup out for 1 lap before the checkered flag was shown and the finish line is located at the start of pitlane. So the lap started when he entered the pitlane for repairs which took them a great deal of time. So they were classified as a DNF and Courtney increased his lead on Whincup from 53 points to 113 points. This means if Courtney finishes 22nd or better tomorrow he'll win the title.

Whincup can still win the title IF:
*If he wins and Courtney finishes 23rd or worse
*If he comes 2nd and Courtney finishes 27th or worse
*If he comes 3rd and Courtney DNFs
*If he comes 4th and Courtney DNFs

GO JC!!! :thumbup:
By bud
wonder how much youll like JC when he goes to HRT next year :P

its a travesty if Whincup doesnt win the title. V8s really need to rethink their points system.
By The Oz
wonder how much youll like JC when he goes to HRT next year :P

is a travesty if Whincup doesnt win the title. V8s really need to rethink their points system.

How is it a travesty? Sure he's won more races but JC was VERY unlucky to win the Clipsal races + Race 19. Besides JC has been VERY consistent and has finsished every race! Atleast he's not doing a Ingall 05 or Rick 06 (He only won ONE small sprint race). With all that crap JC copped at GC/Tas it's a miracle the title isnt wrapped up now. JC>>>>>>JW this year.......I know it's hard to exept but it's true no question.
-----
Yeah......thats old news though. The FPR/Pepsi deal feel through because Gow wanted a deal done quick. Still will follow JC next year!!!!!!!!
By The Oz
V8SC points system is s***! Whincup was the best of the season, won the most races yet still lost. A joke!!!!

Suck it up. Sore loser. They knew the system before the start of the year. Courtney won fair and square. Whincup had a better car no question. But that's the only reason he was faster and yet he still managed to loose to JC. lol. Doesn't say much about the driver! He has such a big car advantage and still lost! Whincup was nothing until he came to 888...Winterbottom, Tander, JC would all beat Whincup if they had the same car as him.

JC was the best this season and you're delusional if you think Whincup was better than JC OR you think Whincup deserved it more than JC. JC won the title because when he was having a crap day he still managed to get the car home in the top few while JW would have it back in the pits or mid-pack. JC finished 25/26 Races in the Top 15 out of a field of 29!!!!!!!!!!! JC deserved the title....like it or not JW lost and you're gunna have to suck it up! Make all the excuses you like to make yourself feel better! But no matter what you say it won't change the fact that Courtney was better in 2010 and he won!

WELL DONE JAMES COURTNEY!!!! Congrats on you're first v8 Supercar title!!!
By bud
I bet you were cheering for Whincup when he won in the last two titles in a Ford, Ive been following 888 since they became team Vodafone even though they were Fords. Im not into the whole yobbo rivalry.
It's just like when Rick Kelly won the title when he only won one race I think it was, V8SC's points system needs to reward the winner not consistency. I mean you earn points for coming 22nd? wtf is that all about. :bs:

I bet you wont be following JC when he comes to HRT either. You'll move on to the next Ford driver.
By The Oz
I bet you were cheering for Whincup when he won in the last two titles in a Ford, Ive been following 888 since they became team Vodafone even though they were Fords. Im not into the whole yobbo rivalry.
It's just like when Rick Kelly won the title when he only won one race I think it was, V8SC's points system needs to reward the winner not consistency. I mean you earn points for coming 22nd? wtf is that all about. :bs:

I bet you wont be following JC when he comes to HRT either. You'll move on to the next Ford driver.

No...I've always been a big fan of JC....so don't jump to conclusions you sore loser :thumbdown: . I will follow him wherever. No I wasn't cheering for JW when he was at Ford. I'm not into the whole Ford V Holden thingy aswell. Difference between Rick 06 and this year is Rick only won 1/34 races while JC has won 5/26. Big difference. JC has actually won abit.

Do you need Roland Dane to give you a tissue? Suck it up
By The Oz
Let's see you cheer on a Holden next season, I doubt it will happen! 6/26 And is champion, not as bad as Kelly but still farce!

How? Hardly a farce when they're have been 10 or so guys challening for race wins. When JC had bad days he still brought it home in the top few while when JW had bad days he'd being it come in the back-pack. 25/26 Races in the Top 15! You are a sore loser! You need to take a good look at yourself!
By bud
Shut up with this sore loser s***, ive always had the V8SC points system doesn't reward the winnr let alone top 3, this season just proved it again.

See our F1 related articles too!