FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By The Oz
Race 3 was sooo boring. I got a feeling that the rest of the year will be whingecup, whingecup, whingecup

So is the Bahrain race worth watching? Just wondering because they air the race over here in the states, and if its not I'll just wait until the aussie races.

yeah race 3 was boring and race 4 was worse. Don't bother watching it IMO. Maybe just watch the firdt few laps of both races but I wouldn't watch anything more if i had mt time over
By bud
the latest news from the Clipsal 500 with practice beginning tomorrow is that both BMW and Mercedes and also a 3rd unnamed manufacture are interested in entering teams into the V8 Supercar series from 2012 and on. Whether this leads to races in Germany and the rest of Europe remains to be seen. While the local bogans will prefer Ford Vs Holden i think its a good move bringing in more blood to the sport.
Especially seeing as Ford Australias plan to dump the V8 RWD Falcon in favour of a FWD possibly AWD platform sourced from the states.
I would not mind the AWD platform but please no FWD :( ! Would love to see more manufacturer participation aswell :thumbup: .
By bud
ahh sorry i should have pointed out that Ford are looking at doing that with their road car. As for the series as it stands the cars have to be RWD V8's based on a road going car ie Ford Falcon XR8 and Holden Commodore SS which are both RWD V8s.

so if Ford Stopped making a RWD V8 then the series would have to change the rules. So Ford could still run a RWD V8 Supercar homolgation even though they stopped making the road going version. Also as it stands i think the cars need to be built in Australia, another rule that will be pushed aside if BMW and Mercedes enter.

But i can see these teams getting as much love from the local fans as Toyota got joining NASCAR.
By The Oz
the latest news from the Clipsal 500 with practice beginning tomorrow is that both BMW and Mercedes and also a 3rd unnamed manufacture are interested in entering teams into the V8 Supercar series from 2012 and on. Whether this leads to races in Germany and the rest of Europe remains to be seen. While the local bogans will prefer Ford Vs Holden i think its a good move bringing in more blood to the sport.
Especially seeing as Ford Australias plan to dump the V8 RWD Falcon in favour of a FWD possibly AWD platform sourced from the states.

while i hate to tell you this matey but us local bogans are fed up with Ford V Holden after recent years, on Aussie v8 forums were singing and dancing atm.Besides races will never be in Europe, well atleast under TC. He has stated that he is only looking at the middle east and asia. I can't see us going anywhere oveseas other than NZ, Singapore, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar

And the 3rd unamed manufactor is probaley Hyundai

Also in the Fujitsu Series Howard Racing won't be at Clipsal due to not having drivers, if I was told this last year I would have thought there wouldn't have been a field more than 12 guys. But it is a shock to the system there is 20+ guys and no Howard
By bud

while i hate to tell you this matey but us local bogans are fed up with Ford V Holden after recent years, on Aussie v8 forums were singing and dancing atm.Besides races will never be in Europe, well atleast under TC. He has stated that he is only looking at the middle east and asia. I can't see us going anywhere oveseas other than NZ, Singapore, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar

Also in the Fujitsu Series Howard Racing won't be at Clipsal due to not having drivers, if I was told this last year I would have thought there wouldn't have been a field more than 12 guys. But it is a shock to the system there is 20+ guys and no Howard

one V8 forum aside i still think the vast majority of "bogans" will be against it.
By The Oz

one V8 forum aside i still think the vast majority of "bogans" will be against it.

yes the bogans will hate it, but majority of the fans dont care about manufactors and more or just want the old ATTC stuff. And one forum is cutting quite short
By The Oz
**** yeah!!!! JC wins today. May only be non-championship and pointless but a win is a win

enjoy it! Won't happen much :p

haa, keep thinking that :D
By bud
Whincup dismisses F1 talk
30/03/2010
Mat Coch writes:

Australian touring car driver Jamie Whincup has denied rumours linking him to a testing role with McLaren. The V8 Supercar driver drove a two year old McLaren in the build up to the Australian Grand Prix, reportedly impressing the McLaren management.

"Formula One car is the ultimate racing machine. Those laps I did on Tuesday I'm very grateful of," he said of his time in the MP4/23 last Tuesday. The reigning Australian V8 Supercar champion swapping machines with F1 champion Jenson Button, in a promotional event.

Having won the Australian V8 Supercar championship for the past two years, Whincup is one of the most successful drivers in Australia. However despite the positive vibes from Woking, Whincup isn't phased by what the future holds. "I'm committed here with V8's," he told Pitpass. "There's no point trying to predict the future. I love what I do here in Australia, I love Australia, I love the V8 category and I love the people I'm working with at Team Vodafone."

He didn't rule a future move entirely though, stating that "if I was given the opportunity for a few more laps, even it was to fly across the other side of the world to do one lap I certainly would. It was the best experience of my life, one I'd love to do again."

He went on to claim that Button, who'd driven Whincup's Holden Commodore touring car in the event, has expressed interest in racing at Bathurst once his career in Formula One is over. "After Formula One, he'd love to come out and do Bathurst," he revealed.
By The Oz
wow the turd does 4 laps in a old car with 50% of the work coming from the pitwall and there are rumors of him getting another bloody test. bloody hell
By bud
wow the turd does 4 laps in a old car with 50% of the work coming from the pitwall and there are rumors of him getting another bloody test. bloody hell

whats wrong with Jamie?
By The Oz

whats wrong with Jamie?

his arogant and up himself.

Anyway NZ this weekend. Hopefully we get some close racing!

See our F1 related articles too!