FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By EwanM
Anyone watch the WTCC last weekend? Less touring cars, more demolition derby!

Larini's move on van Lagen's Lada was well out of order. I know the stewards punished him, but that doesn't really help Lada :(

The best moment was in race one when Yvan Muller got clipped by Farfus in race one. It means that we once again have a title battle.

Good to see that Priaulx had a good weekend. He's had such a disappointing season. It's a pity that he had to play the team game because he would have easily won in race two.

It's always good to hear what John Clelland has to say, he does talk some nonsense and I always think that Martin Haven is scared of him. :hehe:
By Selcouth_Feline
Anyone see the final race weekend yesterday? Race one was a bit of a yawn-fest (except for the end-of-race pack shuffling which made me laugh). Race two :yikes: I thought it was going to be dull but what a way to end the season :eek: I hope everyone was OK...
By prozac26
Does anyone know where I can download full WTCC races (commentary in English if possible), since they don't show WTCC on TV here.

Thanks.
By RA Dunk
Would be intrested in this as well, missed alot due to being away
By 7UpJordan
WTCC is back this weekend on Eurosport with today's race at Curtiba in Brazil. I wonder if we'll see any more crazy incidents this year - mainly involving or caused by Augusto Farfus. :hehe:
By EwanM
WTCC needs some changes, especially in qualifying format. Curtiba is not the greatest of circuits,but the racing wasn't as strong as it has been. Also it is a shame that the field is so depleted.
By cap-dude
Yeah, the WTCC just wasn't as good this weekend as it tends to be.

Funny though, that Muller wins race 1, whilst Tarquini takes race 2. Exactly the same result as last year.

No mexico though now. Hopefully they get a replacement race, otherwise it'll be 2 months till the next race.
By EwanM
Bizarre end to both races over the weekend :yikes: Made for fantastic racing though!!

You know what the worst part of it all was? Michel Nykjaer's puncture. Mainly because that would have been one of the few times he could win for Seat this season. Especially now it is centered around Tarquini
By EwanM
Guess who's back in Touring cars...

Turkington seals three-round deal

By Jamie O'Leary Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 16:27 GMT

Colin Turkington will race in three rounds of the World Touring Car Championship this season with the WSR BMW squad.

Turkington, 28, has not raced since winning the British Touring Car title with WSR last year, but will make his return to sausage Bennetts' squad at the Algarve circuit on July 4.

"I feel this is a natural progression for me after last year's championship," said Turkington.

"Obviously I know the WSR guys very well. They're a top team and have been a big part of my success in recent years. I'm also indebted to sausage because he's been working so hard over the past few months to make this a reality."

Following the Algarve round, Turkington will also take part in the Brands Hatch and Brno events.

WSR's initial three-round deal could be expanded to include further races before the end of the season, and Turkington hopes to take in a full campaign in 2011.

Turkington took part in two WTCC rounds in 2007, finishing on the podium at Brands Hatch and later racing at Macau, each time also with WSR.

WSR's BTCC programme with Rob Collard and Andy Neate will not be affected by Turkington's signing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84113

I'd expect him to do alright actually. Vaulkhard has done pretty well in his debut year in the privateer class.
By scotty
Shoulda defended his BTCC title. :(
By EwanM
Colin Turkington and WSR.

Fantastic effort! First weekend in the WTCC and the team managed to get into the top ten in qualifying.

Although he'll start 10th tomorrow he actually topped the times at one point. :clap::clap:

See our F1 related articles too!