FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By cap-dude
Damn, I've been trying to watch WTCC this year. But there is always something else on at the same time. I mean, next weekend its on during Moto GP, whilst Brands is on the same time as F1.

As for Farfus. Opps.That was a really stupid mistake. He just moved across without even seeing that Priaulx was there. Taking out 3 cars, that must of went down well with the team boss's.
By 7UpJordan
Blimey! And there hasn't half been some crazy incidents so far this season particularly after the Safety Car crash not far back! :eek:
By Selcouth_Feline
Blimey! And there hasn't half been some crazy incidents so far this season particularly after the Safety Car crash not far back! :eek:

Did you see the races over the weekend? I love the street circuits because they are always so full of action and Porto didn't disappoint.

I think Hernandez was damn lucky to not break anything in his crash. Breaking a concrete wall in half is never good!

And Farfus in another racing crash...oops.

Sounds like the support races had some fun too - according to the commentators at least one car caught fire? :confused:
By EwanM

Did you see the races over the weekend? I love the street circuits because they are always so full of action and Porto didn't disappoint.

I think Hernandez was damn lucky to not break anything in his crash. Breaking a concrete wall in half is never good!

And Farfus in another racing crash...oops.

Sounds like the support races had some fun too - according to the commentators at least one car caught fire? :confused:

I did, what a fantastic Sunday of WTCC racing around Porto. I still can't understand how they can race on such a tight track. Especially the chicane when the cars cross over to the other side of the duel carriageway.

Some of the racing was so unprofessional. I was so annoyed that Engstler wouldn't give up his place depite going wide... Menu didn't deserve to go out!

What an accident between Rydell and Tarquini though. Surely that has dented his title chances now. And what was Bennani playing at trying to sneak around the back of the incident? :hehe:

Race one was just as brilliant, has anyone heard anymore on Hernandez? That was painful, but at least he seemed cheered up in the pits for race 2. Farfus was being stupid again with that dive up the inside of Monteiro - no need for that.

Also what do people think about the team orders situation in the WTCC. I realise some would argue that it was an intricate part of the sport, but it spoiled so many races and possibly the championship battle. I was annoyed that Priaulx had to give up his fourth place for Farfus, but I was more annoyed in race two when the the other Seat drivers basically slowed right down to let Muller get past.

With Tarquini failing to score in race 2 and the team tactics it seems that Muller is cruising to this title :(
By EwanM
Volvo enters Brands WTCC rounds

By Matt Beer Thursday, July 9th 2009, 12:01 GMT http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76784

Volvo will rejoin the World Touring Car field for the next rounds at Brands Hatch on 19 July, as the Swedish Polestar team makes another one-off entry to run a pair of bio-ethanol-fuelled C30s.

Robert Dahlgren will return to the WTCC after previous guest appearances with Polestar Volvos at Anderstorp in 2007 and Brands in 2008, but will this time also be joined by his Swedish Touring Car Championship team-mate Tommy Rustad, who was a race-winner in the WTCC's European forerunner.

Dahlgren showed competitive pace last year - qualifying 10th at Brands before colliding with SEAT's Rickard Rydell in the first race.

Volvo motorsport boss Derek Crabb is confident that the C30s will get amongst the regular championship frontrunners again this time.

"Last year was an exploratory race," he said. "This year we are upping the stakes to give our British Volvo fans and customers a great show.

"I think that we will also be able to show that the STCC is a championship that is on a very high level even compared to the best in the world."

As the Volvo C30 is running under national homologation rules, Dahlgren and Rustad will not be eligible for points and will carry maximum compensation weight.
By EwanM
Mega. Hope this leads on to a confirmed entry...
By bud
what are the regulation for manufacturers wishing to enter?
By Selcouth_Feline
Volvo C30

:clap: Yay!!

My first memories of BTCC are of Plato driving for Volvo. I also have an irrational love of Volvos, especially the C30 so am thrilled they'll be racing!
By EwanM
what are the regulation for manufacturers wishing to enter?

It features compact and midsize cars based on Group N rules, yet modified to Super 2000 regulations, an intermediate level between the slightly modified Superproduction cars and the extinct Supertouring class.

Following the trend of recent FIA rules, cost control is a major theme in the technical regulation. Engines are limited to 2000 cc. Many technologies that have featured in production cars are not allowed, including variable valve timing, variable intake geometry, ABS brakes and traction control system.
By EwanM
Volvo C30

:clap: Yay!!

My first memories of BTCC are of Plato driving for Volvo. I also have an irrational love of Volvos, especially the C30 so am thrilled they'll be racing!

Wait did Plato drive for Volvo? I thought that before his move to 'Ascar he only drove the Laguna and the Astra?
By Selcouth_Feline
Wait did Plato drive for Volvo? I thought that before his move to 'Ascar he only drove the Laguna and the Astra?

No, I don't think so. It helps when I actually type what I mean to say....sorry :hehe: Serves me right for trying to work and type on a forum at the same time.
By scotty
OT but on the subject of Volvo, they did turn up with the most ridiculous, yet awesome touring car in the 90's -

I mean, why an estate?! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!