FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By F1Poser
Oh dear, poor performance this weekend, and I hear the program is now a standardised european broadcast with English commentary over the top! There's no passion, and with Loebs comeback during the opening rally, and fight this year in an independent car, this season should be the most passionate, and exciting, since the days of McRae. The F1 coverage better be better to make up for this.
By Stephen
It's just as bad for F1, who thought up the idea of putting ads in the middle of a motor race? Can you imagine if they did this with another sport, say Football around the 85th minute...?

Every year we hear rumours that the ads will either be reduced or that the race will continue to be shown in the corner of the screen...but no. I missed 3 laps worth of racing during 'just one' ad break last Sunday - this is unacceptable. :evil:
By Freddie
Thank god I dont have to watch this crappy ITV over here after all I hear about it. We pay to the state for the official TV stations and they show the entire race wihtout one single ad break ! :)
By simac
It used to be like that here when it was shown on BBC 1.
By Stephen
Plot thickens though - i've heard ITV only won the rights to show F1 from the BBC on the basis they wouldn't interupt race coverage. :evil:
By Freddie
Erhm, how about reporting them to the FIA or whoever sold them the TV rights ?
By cityboy
Yeah ring Bernie!!! :p
By simac
I just phoned Bernie and told him , he said "go and tell someone who cares" LMAO
By Freddie
I care - tell me ROTFL !

Sorry, folks, I dont care - I have excellnt coverage.

But I pay the beer and the chips for anybody who wants to come over to my place and watch the race with me, is that fair enough ?
By Stephen
Later this year I might take you up on your offer Freddie! ;)
By Freddie
Oops ! :shock:

No, seriously, if you do that you are very welcome, Stephen !
By Stephen
Oops ! :shock:

No, seriously, if you do that you are very welcome, Stephen !

After today i'm very tempted - 10 or so adverts in a row, laps 4-6 missed, then again during laps 9-12. Overkill. :roll:
By Freddie
Did you buy any of the crap they advertised then ?

I bet you will want to boycott the rubbish for life !

See our F1 related articles too!