FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
The captain there that we know said last week to my friend, who asked him about my status, dont worry he is IN as I promised. Yet as we all know until you actually punch the timeclock on your first day you still have reservation's so I would put it at 99% until I actually start.

One VERY positive aspect is that when I applied at the sheriff's dept my uncle work's for I recieved a denial of employment within a week and I have not recieved one from this dept. They did call we a week and a half ago, two week's after recieveing my application, to just verify some info and get some personal input from me as to why I want to work for them. That in it's self is a very very positive thing so one of the reason's I changed my avatar is because I believe in karma and having a positive outlook. So what I'm waiting for now is the next call for me to take my drug test, mental evaluation and polygraph.

A 3-4 month waiting is normal when getting into law enforcement because,
1. They are so under staffed.
2. It take's some time for them to do all of their background check's.

Thank's for asking Chris as I know I have your support, that mean's alot to me bro! :wink:
NASCAR vs BTCC or even WTCC anyone?

I would say BTCC but then i grew up watching it (Mansell at Donington 1998 anyone?) :D

However, i have watched NASCAR highlights on late night tv (C5) a couple of times - i was highly amused when someone crossed the finish line on their roof :rofl: , but that said, it just doesn't have the spectacle of F1.
More wisdom from JPM

Montoya's Insights On Formula One
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=90615&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0
Two years after walking away from formula one, Juan Pablo Montoya still bristles with negativity about his nearly six seasons on the grid.
The Colombian, now 32, has recorded just 8 top-ten results in 56 Sprint Cup starts since switching to NASCAR, but he has no thoughts about returning to grand prix racing.
"In formula one they want you to be a robot," Montoya, who won 7 grands prix in his 95 races for Williams and McLaren, is quoted as saying by Germany's Sport Bild.
"If you have a strong personality, you will have problems," he explained. "I don't regret anything about changing to NASCAR.
"Many people in F1 forget that it is a sport. McLaren for example take it much too seriously.
"With BMW-Williams I had the most fun, with Patrick Head mostly. Patrick always said what he thinks -- as I do.
"He always tried with every conversation to be polite but by the end he could never keep it up -- that was funny!"
Montoya has less fond memories about Ron Dennis, with whom he fell out prior to his departure from the sport mid-way through the 2006 season.
"With Ron, you have a nice dinner with him one evening and then when you say hi the next day, he is a totally different person," he said.
Montoya said he understands why Fernando Alonso also could not get along with McLaren before he left the team prematurely last year.
"He saw that the future of the team was Lewis Hamilton, not Fernando Alonso."
Montoya has little to say about Kimi Raikkonen, his last F1 teammate and the current world champion.
"With Kimi it is not about whether you get along with him or not, because he never says anything. And it's difficult to know someone who doesn't talk, right?" Montoya added.
He also has little time for F1's latest generation of drivers.
"They complain about everything. Like in Monaco, they complained about reflections in the rear-view mirrors when they go through the tunnel.
"Me, I think: just get on with it and drive!"
I would say BTCC but then i grew up watching it (Mansell at Donington 1998 anyone?) :D

Ah yes that was funny . . . he didn't even come close to seeing the corner in the fog!!

98? was it really that long ago??!! :eek:
A lot of what Montoya said in that article is true, although he's clearly still very bitter about being given the boot by McLaren and his personality had nothing to do with being able to get on Formula One; he just wasn't consistent enough to be a championship contender.
Nascar is only better than f1 if you like two things.

1. you like getting dizzy going left all of the time .
2. if you like marathons where the only decent lap to watch is the last .

:thumbup:
Some of JPM greatest hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUJjm0yXNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQeZ4hSVGN8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vol_M7KnP5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOW-jngVoT4

I miss him, F1 needs characters like him :thumbup:

Thanks for those :):):) Seen all but the first one many times before but still enjoy them. What a star!! Miss him lots.
I would watch NASCAR if they had real tracks instead of ovals.

Both forms of driving are different and require alot of skill, The cars are not even comparable

If you tell anybody in the south that you watch racing they asume you mean NASCAR
If you tell anybody in the south that you watch racing they asume you mean NASCAR

And your point being?
That they are frigging ignorants who don't know better? Point taken!

See our F1 related articles too!