FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Compared to Nascar??????
Driving around in a circle for a few hours, where is the excitement in that.

It's ironic you know, because some people say that about F1 (well, it's actually "driving around in circles", i.e., continually doing the same thing every lap).
Compared to Nascar??????

It's ironic you know, because some people say that about F1 (well, it's actually "driving around in circles", i.e., continually doing the same thing every lap).

yes they do that. Taking 5 G's!! for 2 hrs.
By EwanM
Compared to Nascar??????

yes they do that. Taking 5 G's!! for 2 hrs.

LOL, Montoya is a such a loser, his only chance of winning is on road courses anyways. He'll never be a Nascar champ.
And that's not to say that Nascar is harder than F1.
If Montoya was competing in BTCC that would have made more sense.
If Montoya was competing in BTCC that would have made more sense.

Ach John George would be passing him even if he was in it :P
TOP TEN REASONS TO DISLIKE MONTOYA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(If I read this correctly, it would have been OK for Ambrose to make this move at the end of the race, but not during? This is a similar move Montoya performed last year on his own teammate Scott Pruett, knocking Pruett out of the race and the win, and is what gave Montoya his first and only win in NASCAR. Yet when he gets it in return he forgets and becomes pompous)

Juan Pablo Montoya criticized Australian Marcos Ambrose for the move that put the Colombian out of contention for victory when the Cup rookie ran into him while trying to pass Jamie McMurray.

Ambrose, who was making his Sprint Cup series debut, was running fourth after completing his last pit stop but made an optimistic dive on the inside of McMurray while trying to pass him for third place into the last corner.

The former Australian V8 Supercar champion went too deep under braking and hit the right rear corner of Montoya's car, which was running second at the time and was already turning into the final hairpin before the front stretch.

"Well it's hard because the guy's got a lot of talent but you don't do things like that," Montoya said of Ambrose's move.

"It's a last-lap move. You know, you don't do that so early, you've got to learn to pass one by one and you don't try to get three cars in one braking area because you're going to punt somebody off.

"They told me 'he's coming, he's coming' and I moved out, I gave room for a car-length but he was coming in so fast that he stopped against me. So, It's pretty stupid, but what can you say."

Montoya said Ambrose's lack of experience at Cup level probably made him run more aggressive than he should have and lamented falling victim of the Aussie's eagerness to prove his worth.

"A guy like that, because he never runs here, doesn't understand the give-and-take as much, and he just wants to prove himself he can race here and I was at the bad end of that deal," Montoya added.

The Ganassi driver was philosophical about his sixth-place finish after his strategy had worked to plan until lap 75, when the incident with Ambrose dashed his hopes of scoring his first victory of the season.

"We could have maybe won the race or finished second easily or we could've been in one of those big wrecks where everybody else was," Montoya said. "So that's one of those deals where you could be lucky or you could be very unlucky."

While Montoya scored his second top ten of the season, Ambrose didn't finish the race after Elliott Sadler crashed into him at turn seven in a similar incident to the Australian's with the defending race winner.
By bud
Montoya's talking like he is a NASCAR veteran. Im not a fan of Ambrose but he did win 3 V8 Supercar titles in a row all on road courses so i think he knows what he is doing JPM

yeah he duck up under braking but so have you even in F1
Looks like Rons ex thinks so as well

Lisa Dennis, Juan Pablo Montoya, Chip Ganassi; NASCAR Toyota/Save Mart 350, Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, California; June 20-22, 2008.

Well it is boring now he's left cos he was the only one any good at overtaking. He made a monkey out of michael many a time! And he Was not dropped he walked!!! And he's NOT chubby.
Well it is boring now he's left cos he was the only one any good at overtaking. He made a monkey out of michael many a time! And he Was not dropped he walked!!! And he's NOT chubby.

More aeros tbh as to why we dont get overtaking :P

Yep i know but there were aeros when Jpm was here and he could do it.

racechick you're probably a nice person, but you seriously got a fetish for JPM :rolleyes:

Mr. Chubby IS chubby and has man tits (my guess would be B-cup) :tongue::rofl:

racechick you're probably a nice person, but you seriously got a fetish for JPM :rolleyes:

Bordering on Max's to :P minus the German stuff :p

Bordering on Max's to :P minus the German stuff :p

:eek:

See our F1 related articles too!