FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By texasmr2
Yah the Mazda just does not have the top speed of the Porsche but they have beat them on roadcourses. Concerning the 458 they will appear in the ALMS series GT2 category but I'm hoepfull a few will appear in the Grand Am series aswell.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9594&hilit=458
By texasmr2
Ganassi seem's almost invincible in the past 12 months with wins at Indy 500, Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, 24 hours of Daytona, IRL championship and Grand-Am DP championship.

Why doesn't he reply too my adoption request????? :(
By madbrad
The car I posted is called a Grand Am, that was the joke. I guess I'll keep trying.
By texasmr2
The car I posted is called a Grand Am, that was the joke. I guess I'll keep trying.

Better luck next time right :D ?
By bigpat
So jealous of the road racing you guys have Stateside.....

I really enjoy watching Grand Am, especially on the old school road circuits, Elkhart Lake, Lime Rock, Road America etc. Unfortunately we only get it from time to time on TV. We get decent NASCAR coverage though, which is good.

And Scott Dixon is the man. Good, down to earth guy... loves a drink too!

Cheers,

Pat
By What's Burning?
I'm so starved for racing... at least I've got Grand-Am in Miami this weekend. :) So a reminder to everyone set your DVRs to the SPEED channel Saturday at noon eastern.
By texasmr2
Cool thanks for the reminder :thumbup: .
By texasmr2
Looking forward to the race today at Lime Rock Park as that is a great track imo, Happy Memorial Day everyone. :)

tex
By What's Burning?
I tend to enjoy the Continental tire challenge portion of this series more. Ganassi team has been just so overwhelmingly dominant for the last two seasons.
By texasmr2
I tend to enjoy the Continental tire challenge portion of this series more. Ganassi team has been just so overwhelmingly dominant for the last two seasons.

Oh man I aswell just love the CT Challenge my only issue is not with the series but our coverage as it is so sporadic :( .
By What's Burning?

Oh man I aswell just love the CT Challenge my only issue is not with the series but our coverage as it is so sporadic :( .

The fact that they're all cars we can get into and drive ourselves is the biggest thrill for me. I love seeing a Mini leading a GTI, followed by a Cayman and then being chased down by two mustangs and a BMW! What a street brawl!

I know what you mean about the airing inconsistency... it sucks since I feel I have to chase and find out when they're airing and so far there's no rhyme or reason as to when they're on,. Pound for pound that series is the most fun you can have around a race track stateside.
By What's Burning?
Every year around this time the first race that lifts my spirits is the Rolex 24 at Daytona, this is the 50th anniversary of this race made even more special as this year Audi is joining the series.

January 28th & 29th.
By What's Burning?
Bumping this thread, it's tomorrow! If you're got access to SPEED, tune in.

See our F1 related articles too!