FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Had a quick look and couldn't see a dedicated thread for classic / enthusiast events, so thought I would create one. I have a few relatives that participate in these and thought I would start it off by saying a big well done to my second cousin's husband, Gray Gregory, who won the endurance race, had a first in class and also a third and a fourth in class in other races earlier this week in a major event at the Circuit of the Americas in Texas. He also won the 'fan favourite' award out of all of the racers for the meet. Here he is in his winning Chevron B16 (Copyright Scharck Photography - the picture was sent to my cousin, so hopefully no issue with posting it):

A few of you may remember me in the past also mentioning another relative I have in Texas who also competes at many of these meets (Kirby Schrader), he has, and has had, so many classic cars that it would take me forever to post pictures of them all, but here is a link to his page where you can have a look at a few of his favourites including a number of Pantera's, and his pride and joy - the GT40: http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/index.html

Anyone else compete in these types of events? Have friends / relatives that do?
Nice pic and many congrats to him. And what a venue!

I know Rowan Atkinson loves to partake in classic race events. :)
Nice pic and many congrats to him. And what a venue!

I know Rowan Atkinson loves to partake in classic race events. :)

Are you friends with / related to Rowan Atkinson?!? :hehe:

Yeah, it's the US Vintage Racing National Championship, so a big organisation - the event was a big success, so they've already booked in at the circuit again for October next year.
Are you friends with / related to Rowan Atkinson?!? :hehe:

Sadly, not :(

And there I was thinking you were the unwanted love child of his...

See our F1 related articles too!