FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
I love anything with a motor, 2 wheels or 4, and have experienced both. However I not at the top level. Any opinions on what would be a more fun and exciting experience, racing a formula 1 car or a motogp bike. I have It would be nice to find a professional who has done both. Any professional with an opinion seems to always come from the 2 wheel seen first, as they state that it is a better experience to be on 2 wheels rather than 4.
Your average guy can buy something off the shelf that's close in performance to a Moto GP bike. That's not even remotely possible with four wheels.
I agree, but what I am interested in is if by some miracle you had the opportunity to be giving a chance to push both a formula 1 car and a motogp bike, which are the highest level of racing in their respective classes, to their limits which would be more exhilarating. I am reading that a lot of the MotoGp fellas have tried their hand at Formula cars and feel as though the bikes are much more fun to ride.
I agree but I'm too big a pussyto get on a motorcycle and ride hard. I've happened to see three very bad motorcycle accidents in my life.

I've ridden my bicycle at speed downhill and 40 Mph is scary I can't imagine 100 Mph on a motorcycle. I'm comfortable at speed in a car though.
You'd likely have to ride bikes competitively for years before you could consider yourself to be pushing the limits of a moto gp bike. If you somehow found yourself on one, you'd probably just be pushing your own limits, not the bike's :hehe:
I don't know how they stay on round the corners. Marques has his bottom hanging right off the bike and his elbow touching the floor :yikes:
I don't know how they stay on round the corners. Marques has his bottom hanging right off the bike and his elbow touching the floor :yikes:

Centrifugal force and the round profile grippy motorcycle tires allows a rider to treat turns as if they were banked.
It looks incredible!
I agree but I'm too big a pussyto get on a motorcycle and ride hard. I've happened to see three very bad motorcycle accidents in my life.

I've ridden my bicycle at speed downhill and 40 Mph is scary I can't imagine 100 Mph on a motorcycle. I'm comfortable at speed in a car though.

Been there, done that: 100 mph uphill (trying to sneak under the SD cops' radar :P ) - was exhilarating.
In Germany, on my way to Sweden, I did a cool 180 km/h on my fully packed BMW, and yet got passed by faster cars on the left...
Well does anyone know what they would prefer if they had a choice to do laps on a motogp bike or a formula 1 car, what would be more fun .

A Formula 1 car for me, without a doubt.
F1 car for me as well. I'd be too busy worrying about laying the bike down if I rode one. Those things are probably so touchy. At least in an F1 car you're likely to just spin out, no harm done
F1 car for me as well. I'd be too busy worrying about laying the bike down if I rode one. Those things are probably so touchy. At least in an F1 car you're likely to just spin out, no harm done

Chicken! :rofl:
Kinda disappointed by you :P

See our F1 related articles too!