FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
The former Williams and McLaren F1 driver says good-bye to NASCAR and is now off to IndyCar.

Juan Pablo Montoya has targeted a win in next year's Indy 500 following his self-described "dream" move to IndyCar with Team Penske.

The Colombian was snatched up by Penske following the announcement that he would not be retained by Earnhardt Ganassi Racing's NASCAR Sprint Cup program next year.

He believes that his NASCAR experience will allow him to be immediately competitive on ovals when he makes his return to single-seater racing after seven years in stock cars.

"The oval side I am not worried about at all, to be honest with you," Montoya said.

"With seven years of NASCAR and my open-wheel experience before that, I'm pretty excited about going to the ovals.

"And the one you want to win is an oval: you want to win the Indy 500. So I'm excited about that.

"Having the opportunity to be at Indy with Team Penske is going to be huge."
I'm looking forward to this. Montoya's driving style has always suited indycar perfectly. This year has been a simply amazing year for the series, and adding Montoya to the mix for next year just makes it all the better. :)
Well he's won before. Can't WAIT to see him racing proper cars again!
Can't WAIT to see him racing proper cars again!

Don't ever get caught saying that in the Deep South! :eek::wink::wink:

:thumbup: noted! :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!