FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
That was a hell of a hit. Very reminiscent of the Audi shunt last year with the Ferrari 458 also involved. Glad that everything was as good as it could be though. I was out a good chunk of the day so just finished watching the 6 hours or so I needed to catch up on the DVR.

I was hoping the remaining Toyota would stay in there and fight, but Nakajima really screwed the pooch with that one.
By spankyham
Anthony Davidson's spectacular crash. Judging from the skids marks and the position of the Ferrari and Toyota as well as the video evidence I'm convinced it was Hamilton's fault.

By spankyham
Anthony Davidson appeared unhurt, but it was later found out that he has two damaged vertebrae. Still he seems in goods spirits.

Davidson sustains broken back following airborne crash at Le Mans
By Simon Strang Sunday, June 17th 2012, 00:34 GMT

Anthony Davidson has sustained a broken back in his airborne accident at the end of the Mulsanne straight earlier in the Le Mans 24 Hours.

The Toyota driver suffered breaks to his T11 and T12 vertebrae after the #81 AF Corse collided with the hybrid prototype, causing it to flip into the air before crashing heavily into the barriers.

Initially it seemed that Davidson had emerged unscathed from the crash, but was diagnosed with his injuries after he was transferred to a local hospital from the circuit's medical centre.

Davidson confirmed details of the injury to AUTOSPORT, following a tweet which read: "Well that was a big one! Lying in a French hospital with a broken back wasn't what I had in mind at this stage in the race..."

The 33-year-old Briton will remain in hospital until at least Monday.

Both Toyota TS030 machines retired from the team's debut with the second car withdrawing through engine-related problems in the 11th hour.

Full Autosports article here.
By racechick
Anthony Davidson's spectacular crash. Judging from the skids marks and the position of the Ferrari and Toyota as well as the video evidence I'm convinced it was Hamilton's fault.

Whoa!!!! That was big!! Glad to hear Ant is resonably ok. Yep on reviewing the footage a few times its clearly Hamiltons fault.
By andrew

Whoa!!!! That was big!! Glad to hear Ant is resonably ok. Yep on reviewing the footage a few times its clearly Hamiltons fault.

Pretty serious crash. Hardly a joking matter. :nono: Thankfully he was able to walk away and hopefully his injuries are not as serious as they sound.

I wonder what the idiot in the Ferrari was thinking? I read that these 2 cars are in defferent classes so the Ferrari shouldn't really have been racing the much faster Toyota.
I wonder what the idiot in the Ferrari was thinking? I read that these 2 cars are in defferent classes so the Ferrari shouldn't really have been racing the much faster Toyota.

Yeah they are different classes, hence the totally different appearance and speed of the cars, so I suppose it was a case of the other guy being unsighted, rather than a battle for position?
By andrew

Yeah they are different classes, hence the totally different appearance and speed of the cars, so I suppose it was a case of the other guy being unsighted, rather than a battle for position?

You'd hope that was the case, especially as he was lapping the Ferrari!

You watching the race mate? Last hour and a half to go now.
By andrew

No, I've got the MotoGP on. I'll watch the highlights if they are broadcast.

Do you know which channel the highlights are broadcast? Is it still Eurosport? (I've been tuning in to the race sporadically).
By andrew

Do you know which channel the highlights are broadcast? Is it still Eurosport? (I've been tuning in to the race sporadically).

I have a feeling that ITV4 usually show thembut I could be wrong.
Update from Anthony? From twitter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's hotting up for the GTs!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

TV coverage is s*** though... completely missed the battle. :beans:

See our F1 related articles too!