FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Weird thing is because of when I was born, I came into driving age when All manner of K body base FWD cars were being Shelbyized. That makes them the ones that evoke my fondest memories of things Shelby, despite being the least sporting of all of them.

Weird thing is because of when I was born, I came into driving age when All manner of K body base FWD cars were being Shelbyized. That makes them the ones that evoke my fondest memories of things Shelby, despite being the least sporting of all of them.

it's okay, we've all done things in our past we're deeply ashamed of.
But I would still take the Lancer.

The Shadow CSX was extremely quick. They briefly offered the intercooled turbo then pulled it, apparently because the lawyers feared too many fatalities in them. At the time, a salesman at a Chrysler dealer told me he had a paid order for an intercooled one and he had the enviable task of breaking it to the customer that he was not going to get it. Then it was just the non intercooled one. They also had variable vanes on the turbos to combat lag. It was cutting edge but they only had it for a few years then went back to fixed vanes. When Chrysler stopped marketing Shelby cars they also drifted away from turbocharging altogether, then there was a period when there were very few turbo cars on the market at all in North America.
That's not a Mustang. It's an 84 Chrysler Daytona Shelby Z. At least in Canada the Daytona was a Chrysler, maybe in the US it was a Dodge. That post was talking about the 80s Shebyized K body based FWD.

See our F1 related articles too!