FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By vlad
So, I haven't found a topic that strictly sticks to area of young, upcoming drivers. So, any driver you find that's worth watching, you can post it here.
On that note, I've seen one of them myself. His name is Luciano Bacheta. He is currently racing in the FIA Formula 2 Championship. After only driving in 2 races in his second year (only drove 4 races last year), this youngster has proven to be a great driver already, winning the first 2 rounds on Silverstone in a great manner. He is born to Indian parents and with Italian ancestry. Could we see him in F1? :yes:

And I present to you the Formula 2 2012 season champion! :clap::clap::clap::wavey:

Mature driving through the entire season, well deserved. :yes:

However, I spotted 2 more guys in Formula 2, talented as hell! Mathéo Tuscher, Swiss-French racing driver, still ONLY 15 YEARS OLD!!! :yikes::clap::drink: He ended on the 2nd place overall, amazing result. So much lies ahead of him.

The second young driver I noticed is from Germany, Markus Pommer. He is 21 years old, has an amazing pace, great in qualifying, going through the similar categories like Vettel, Rosberg and Hulkenberg. His season was really unlucky, but he managed to end 4th in the end. :clap::clap::clap:

By 1Lemon
the first female to win a Formula Renault Championship. Due to budget, Alice missed all the winter testing.

That's impressive.
By Denthúl
Did anyone see Dean Stoneman's return to single-seaters in GP3 at the weekend? Impressive to be on the pace, in the points and then on the podium despite being out of international racing for three years. I'd like to see him run a full season in GP3 and then be picked up by one of the F1 teams, because it's clear that he's quite talented.
By 1Lemon
Did anyone see Dean Stoneman's return to single-seaters in GP3 at the weekend? Impressive to be on the pace, in the points and then on the podium despite being out of international racing for three years. I'd like to see him run a full season in GP3 and then be picked up by one of the F1 teams, because it's clear that he's quite talented.

I like Dean, it was a shame he missed out in the Porche cup this year, he started blisteringly well, from a car with no sponsors, to a car littered in them by the end of the season shows just how up there he was.

He still has ties with Williams after he was going to test with them before his medical issues, I think he was admitted into hospital two weeks before the test.
By Denthúl
It would be nice if he was given a shot at this year's YDT, I'm sure he'd impress.

Speaking about Stoneman has made me realise that F2 was a total flop. Of the four champions it yielded, not one of them went on to F1. In contrast, three of the four GP3 champions have landed F1 seats (which is actually a higher percentage than those from GP2) and Mitch Evans moved up to GP2. Formula Renault 3.5 has also been a bit disappointing in that regard, as the only two people to win that championship and move into F1 are Kubica and van der Garde, although Magnussen looks set to be the third. Oddly, from 2010-2012, the three champions Aleshin, Wickens and Frijns lost out to the runners up Ricciardo, Vergne and Bianchi.
She was in the local rag today complaining about Sterling Moss on the show that RC started the thread about

There's a lot wrong with Stirling Moss. He's tarred with the same far-right brush as Putin-loving-Ecclestone for start.
Good on him, I wish it was under different circumstances, but I'm sure he'll be kept an eye on by a lot of folks this weekend.
By LRW
Seems its not 100% yet..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29558046

Marussia have not yet decided whether to replace the injured Jules Bianchi in this weekend's Russian Grand Prix. Bianchi is in a critical but stable condition with severe head injuries after crashing in Japan last Sunday.

Marussia have entered reserve driver Alexander Rossi in Sunday's race and will announce whether he will compete before first practice on Friday.

They want to ensure they do the right thing in the context of their future and in supporting Bianchi's family.

See our F1 related articles too!