FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By LewEngBridewell
Poor Danny :( just watched the race.

Very unfortunate there :yes:
By scotty
Can Lorenzo only win when there is no competition? :hehe:

Seems like it. Stoner should have won this year, but that's how Motorbike racing is.

I'm not a fan at all but i'm really gonna miss Stoner next year, he really is a great rider. :(
By racechick
I'm not keen on Lorenzo or Stoner. Rossi (and sadly Simoncelli) have been my favourites. And I like Danny, wanted him to win this year. Also like Crutchlow.
That said about Stoner, he's an amazing rider. I've always thought him a bit of a moaner. Today though after the race I saw him with his baby and he was so sweet!!! I guess we can easily get the wrong impressions about people.
By andrew
He always comes accross as a right miserable sod. Never liked him.

Lorenzo is just up his own backside and wishes he was Rossi. I really wish he'd not copied Rossi's thing of doing something daft after a win.
By scotty
Can someone please refresh for me? Who is taking Stoner's place at Honda?
By Frontrunner
Can someone please refresh for me? Who is taking Stoner's place at Honda?

Marc Marques (still only 19-20 years old), He wrapped up the 2012 Moto 2 title at Phillip island. Big shoes to fill but if anyone can fill them it is probably him.

Really going to miss Stoner, as for more Aussies, His style of riding and almost steering the bike with the rear wheel sometimes was great to watch thru the fast corners. Great to see they name turn 3 at Phillip Island after him and then seeing him go on to win 6 in a row at Aus top it of nicely. News did come out that Honda did offer Stoner more than what Jenson Button was getting when with Honda F1 which must of been a some big $$$.

Anyway great career. But maybe us Aussies might see him in V8 Supercars sometimes in the future.
By oaba09
Lorenzo won because of his consistency...he missed the podium only once(he was taken out by another rider)....He has avoided crashes and he has been very consistent this season which in my opinion are needed qualities in world champions. Pedrosa lost because of his crashes(some his fault while some are just because of bad luck).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
By racechick
And Pedrosa was very unlucky with that stupid grip mix up! If he'd won that race things would have looked very different. he was on a role at the end of the season.
By Frontrunner
We will see Stoner in a Red Bull Holden V8SC next year.

The Red Bull Holden thing?? Is that the replacment main sponsor when Vodafone finish up this year or next?? Seems weird going from Vodafone to Red Bull, imagine if that happen in F1.
Sorry to go OT

Anyway I think he will have 2013 off and chill out with his family IMO, but if he's keen to start straight up, maybe he will do the development series first in a Triple 8 run car then if he has the speed, then he can go in the deep end in V8SC the following year with Vodafone Triple 8 or Red Bull Triple 8 or whatever it will be in a third car.
By bud
only problem I see is Triple 8 has Monster Energy as sponsor so if Casey brings his Redbull backing that will have to make way.
It's not confirmed but I see Redbull as Triple 8s target sponsor seeing as Vodafone Au is pulling out of the sport.
By Frontrunner
Just looked it up and Triple 8 title sponser will be Red Bull in 2013 and will be a similar livery to what you see in F1, Not sure about Monster, guess that would have to make way as Red Bull won't allow it i guess.

See our F1 related articles too!