FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By vlad
Schumacher and Vettel confirmed for ROC return
Sunday 24th April 2011, 00:44

Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel will once again join forces for the Race of Champions event, which takes place on an annual basis.
The two Germans are the most successful pairing, having won the nations' cup for the past four consecutive years.
The event brings together the best motorsport talent from around the world in several different disciplines, including; Formula One, WRC, Touring Cars, Le Mans and NASCAR.
This year it will be held in the German city of Frankfurt in the Commerzbank-Arena. Originally known as Waldstadion, it was one of the host venues for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Armed with a fully-closable roof, the stadium has a full capacity of over 50,000 spectators.
Past events have been held at the Stade de France in Paris (2004-2006), London's Wembley Stadium (2007-2008), Beijing's 'Bird’s Nest' Olympic Stadium (2009) and Düsseldorf’s ESPRIT arena (2010).
So far, Schumacher and Vettel are the only drivers confirmed, with further details set to be announced soon for the early-December event.
Schumacher says he is pleased to one again be competing in front of his home crowd.
"It's important to us to be in our home country so we’re really looking forward to throwing some beautiful cars around the Frankfurt circuit in December.
"Last year it was a great atmosphere. You're so close to the fans that you can hear them even though the engines are noisy. And I'm sure it will be even better in Frankfurt. We have a strong line-up in the ROC Nations Cup but no doubt the other nations will have plenty of motivation to finally beat us.
"Unfortunately the individual event takes place on the last day and we always have a good party after Team Germany wins so I guess I’m not completely fresh… I’ll try to work on that this year and I very much look forward to having lots of support. We need lots of cheering and lots of crossed fingers so please all come!"

:clap:
I have never been able to find the Race of Champions broadcast in here in the states. (speed tv)

But it sounds like a awsome race

See our F1 related articles too!