FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By LewEngBridewell
Safety cars galore in this race! :hehe:
By Nin-Chin
Safety cars galore in this race! :hehe:

Indeeed
btw DTM Spengler is champion ahead of Paffet
By Nin-Chin
Shedden champion!
:clap:
By scotty
:jump::woohoo::sickman:
By scotty
...and Jackson gets pole for race 3 too, has been a good past hour in the BTCC 8-)
By LewEngBridewell
Very very chuffed to see Gordon Shedden take the title! :D
By vlad
Clio rumble now, amazing! :D
By scotty
Season's over :crying: 6 months wait now, again...

I just wish they had more meetings than only 10 a year. They should race Oulton Park Fosters and Donington National again.
By vlad
How about a trip to Australia? :D
By racechick
Damn!! Didn't get to watch it. can't get itv4 in wlaes :thumbdown:
By scotty
Highlights are usually on itvplayer at some point within a few days. Was good racing today so definitely recommended viewing!

How about a trip to Australia? :D

You mean for the V8's?
By scotty
Andy Neate should be banned, seriously. Every bloody meeting he causes something like this.

[youtube]PU-gehOPdoE[/youtube]
By vlad
Hahaha, Neate always the same... :hehe:

RC, you can always ask for some nice links. ;)
By Nin-Chin
2009 champion returns!
Turkington returns to BTCC grid
Former Champion Colin Turkington will return to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship in 2013 in one of the WSR/eBay Motors team’s new BMW 125is.

Northern Irishman Turkington won the BTCC in the most dramatic of finales in 2009 in a WSR-run BMW 320is.

He’s not been seen in the championship since although has competed for WSR sporadically in World Touring Car events (as well as contesting the Swedish series in a local team’s BMW in 2010). This morning, though, he has announced he will re-join sausage Bennetts’s squad alongside its 2012 drivers Robert Collard and Nick Foster for this season’s BTCC.

It means the prospect of four champions on the 2013 grid with Gordon Shedden (2012 winner) and Matt Neal continuing with the factory Honda Yuasa Racing Team and Jason Plato staying with the official MG KX Momentum Racing outfit.

Turkington enthused: “I’m really excited to be back in the BTCC with eBay Motors for the 2013 season. I have a long relationship with WSR and we’ve experienced some great success together in both the BTCC and WTCC. I am hoping to bring that success once again this year. Getting behind the wheel of the NGTC specification BMW will be a new challenge and I can’t wait to be back on the grid for the opening round at Brands Hatch on 31 March.”

Andrew Hooks, eBay’s Head of Hard Goods (Motoring & Electronics), commented: “We are excited at the prospect of a fourth BTCC season and wish our drivers and all the team the very best for the challenging and thrilling season that lays ahead.”

eBay Motors (WSR) Team Principal sausage Bennetts added: “It’s really great to have Colin back on board for the 2013 BTCC season. With Rob, Nick and now Colin, I believe eBay Motors have a very strong driver line-up capable of challenging for championship honours.”

Hampshire's Collard, who finished a best-ever fifth in 2012's championship standings with three race wins in WSR/eBay Motors's out-going BMW 3 Series, says he's delighted to paired again with Turkington after working with him seven seasons ago.

Collard said: “Colin and I raced together in 2006 and his addition to the team sees us look stronger than ever. I hope to build on last year’s strong performances and will be looking to win races in the new BMW 125i M Sport.”

Fellow Hants racer Foster, about to embark on his third season in the BTCC, added: “It’s going to be fantastic having Rob and Colin as team-mates this year. I’m looking forward to learning from both of them to building on my success with the eBay Motors team.”
By LewEngBridewell
Good news :thumbup:

Love the BTCC!

See our F1 related articles too!