FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
He will fit right in, now he can get himself some beer sponsors.

If he does race in NASCAR i might actually watch it
By Jensonb
Oh Kimi...No...You're better than that.
By Bubbie
Ouch, how the mighty have fallen. Can someone give the Coles notes version as to why he is not racing in F1?

I know there are a lot of excuses and explanations, but if he is that great why can't he get signed by one of the front runners. Maybe when Webber retires he will get that seat, but would being out of F1 for a few years hurt him more than being in the midfield?
I think thats a move out of left field. Still waiting on the report to follow that says this story is false from Kimi's manager or someone. But, a high profile guy like Kimi going to Nascar is a good thing I reckon. F1 drivers (well, ex F1 drivers now) should race in other categories. I thought though that Indycar might be more of a goer for him. Would love to see him do a season or two in the US. I think he wants to be in F1 in the 70's and I think American racing is the closest thing he'll probably get. Well, of course he should come over to Australia and do the V8's. The V8 series is the best touring car series in the world at the moment I reckon. Kimi at Bathurst would be pretty cool.
UGH... this sucks. Those good ol' boys better not piss him off or they'll see that Finnish temper of his.
By texasmr2
UGH... this sucks. Those good ol' boys better not piss him off or they'll see that Finnish temper of his.

I think those 'good ol' boy's' would show him he is just another entry and not a God :wink: ! When and IF a driver goes to another series they are at the bottom of the pecking order, F1 is no different. I hope Kimi does not go to NASCAR but if he does I actually think his low key demeanor will be an asset too him.

Mere speculation at this point with Kimi.

See our F1 related articles too!