FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By scotty
Ok, St. Peterburg is on right now, i'm watching. Anyone else going to be watching the Indycars this season?

Bourdais had a practice crash and isn't racing today.

Already an incident at the first corner, 4 into 1 doesn't go... :hehe:

edit - 4 cautions already :shock:
By texasmr2
I was impressed by the young lady who finished fourth.
By zurich_allan
Ok, St. Peterburg is on right now, i'm watching. Anyone else going to be watching the Indycars this season?

Bourdais had a practice crash and isn't racing today.

Already an incident at the first corner, 4 into 1 doesn't go... :hehe:

edit - 4 cautions already :shock:

Didn't notice the thread when you posted it, but yeah, I watch the Indy season every year. Love the mix between the road and oval tracks. People really underestimate the different skillset needed for ovals. I'm really looking forward to seeing Bourdais' return to open wheelers, and was disappointed when I saw about his practice crash - was so cruel given that he was literally a few inches out. I think he'll be back on competitive form relatively quickly!! Would love to see him at the front with Dario and Will Power - would be some great battles!! :)
By Frontrunner
I want to see the race return to Oz at the Gold Coast, there were some awesome races there back in the day.
By texasmr2
I want to see the race return to Oz at the Gold Coast, there were some awesome races there back in the day.

:yes::thumbup:
By Frontrunner
Just seen on the indy website that Will Power won last weekend :thumbup::clap: in the Sao Paulo 300 I think.
Good to see the Aussies doing well. I would trade in the our Nascar coverage here in Oz for a Indycar coverage any day, It sucks that we can't watch our Aussies doing well in Indycar. :banghead: I don't even think there Indycar coverage our Pay/Cable TV either
By oaba09
I try to follow this series as much as I can...Unfortunately, only the "big" races are televised in my country...
By Bubbie
I try... I really do to watch Indycar. I used to be a fanatic back in the PPG CART days - especially since they run a yearly race here in Toronto. The cars were the top of technology, you had huge names and the racing was exciting.

But I just can't get into itnow . I don't know if it is the fact that the cars seem to be going in slow-motion after watching F1 (although I think this is a trick of the camera angles), and don't start me on the fact you can barely hear the engines (I laugh at the "Gentlemen start your engines part" - or whatever it is now that there are women on the grid)...

Or maybe I am spoiled by the BBC coverage of F1. I just get the feeling that the commentators in Indy aren't as knowledgeable or excited about the racing. Also, the camera work and directing is terrible, even if it is a good picture.
By Herbs
Just seen on the indy website that Will Power won last weekend :thumbup::clap: in the Sao Paulo 300 I think.
Good to see the Aussies doing well. I would trade in the our Nascar coverage here in Oz for a Indycar coverage any day, It sucks that we can't watch our Aussies doing well in Indycar. :banghead: I don't even think there Indycar coverage our Pay/Cable TV either

Live Indycar coverage on Speed channel on pay tv. :D
By scotty
Anyone 'watching' Detroit?

Seems like this red flag period is never gonna end! :hehe:
By What's Burning?
I was flicking through and just happened to catch it. I'd be surprised if they restart the race, chunks of loose pavement everywhere. Detroit trying to "rebuild" their image. :rolleyes:
By scotty
Restarting. :D I missed the last few minutes but it seems they expect rain?!? :eek:
By scotty
Gah, so many full course yellows...
By What's Burning?
:yikes: what the hell did they use to fill the holes and get that race restarted, those chunks of asphalt were 10 inch wide by two in deep!?!?

See our F1 related articles too!